KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP: In Dreams Shawl (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116059)

justplaincharlotte 01-08-2014 10:43 PM

WIP: In Dreams Shawl

2 Attachment(s)
DD got engaged Christmas Day, and she picked out this shawl for her wedding.

It's worked in Little Knits Magnifisilk using size 5 Cubics needles. Oh, how could I forget the 5000 size 8/0 beads in opal? :rofl: The finished half-circle shawl will be approximately 64" x 36" across it's widest points. I've nicknamed it the Beast. :teehee:

I'm on row 28 of about 255 just about done with the first half flower motif, and so far its about 8" across the straight edge unblocked but this picture is through row 24, I think. I'll be lucky to have it done by October for the wedding.

GrumpyGramma 01-08-2014 10:50 PM

Wow. :notworthy:

tabsheltie7 01-08-2014 11:31 PM

It's looking grate! I'm SO excited to see the FO!:inlove:
:woohoo:

jinxnit55 01-09-2014 12:26 AM

That is going to be a work of art!

claireweber 01-09-2014 01:22 AM

That is so gorgeous Charlotte!

The 'Beast' is a great nickname, I believe she needs a proper name, though; perhaps 'Heavenly Dreams', or maybe 'Ethereal Beauty'?

Absolutely amazing.

salmonmac 01-09-2014 09:28 AM

This is so exciting! The pattern stitch looks gorgeous and the beads are divine. This is going to be a beauty.

butlersabroad 01-09-2014 09:37 AM

That's really beautiful but I don't know whether to feel happy for your daughter cause she got engaged, or sad for you cause you have to tackle the beast!

justplaincharlotte 01-09-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1394686)
That is so gorgeous Charlotte!

The 'Beast' is a great nickname, I believe she needs a proper name, though; perhaps 'Heavenly Dreams', or maybe 'Ethereal Beauty'?

Absolutely amazing.

Thanks Claire!

On Ravelry, her given name is 'Wedding Dreams'. All evidence to the contrary, I really can do something proper from time to time!:roflhard:

I'm looking forward to doing another one without beads, though. I'd be twice as far along if I didn't have to bead the darned thing.

nonny2t 01-09-2014 02:15 PM

You have to be so excited for your dd. This is going to be a beautiful shawl for her to wear and something she will treasure from her wedding forever. When my dd got married, I made her garter and sewed onto it, her grandmother's wedding rings. She let her sil borrow it but she sure made sure she got it back as my husband's mother wanted her to have the rings. She treasures it and your daughter will always have wonderful memories when she sees and wears the shawl.

justplaincharlotte 01-10-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonny2t (Post 1394725)
You have to be so excited for your dd. This is going to be a beautiful shawl for her to wear and something she will treasure from her wedding forever. When my dd got married, I made her garter and sewed onto it, her grandmother's wedding rings. She let her sil borrow it but she sure made sure she got it back as my husband's mother wanted her to have the rings. She treasures it and your daughter will always have wonderful memories when she sees and wears the shawl.

Oh nonny! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story about the garter for your DD. :hug:

My DD was very close to her great-grandfather: her 'something old' is one of his linen handkerchiefs, and he used to tell her that he hoped to live long enough to dance with her at her wedding. Unfortunately he didn't, so she chose his birthday as her wedding day so she could share the day with him. :heart: