KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP: Knit and Purl Shawl and Ribbed Openwork Tank (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116538)

nonny2t 02-21-2014 10:59 AM

WIP: Knit and Purl Shawl and Ribbed Openwork Tank

4 Attachment(s)
Well it is that time of year again lol. Our cruise is in September so am working on a couple things for the cruise. I bought a purple paisley long dress that has sparkles to wear for formal night and decided on this shawl to go with it. I found it on Ravelry and the yarn is KnitPicks Chroma fingering yarn in misty morn. I have the back done on my sleeveless sweater and half of the front to wear with a long skirt to dinner. The sweater pattern is from Vermont Fiber Designs, which I love because they have such lovely patterns for larger women. The yarn is Cascade Pima Silk in periwinkle. I included pics of the dress and skirt. The dress is the long one with the square neckline. I thought the material for the skirt was just perfect for a cruise.
***Sorry I haven't been in lately, but had to have tissue removed from my left breast and since I am left handed, it has been a bit tough to do anything. I hope I caught up on everyone's work. It is all beautiful and PS negative results on tissue so am A-ok!

salmonmac 02-21-2014 12:26 PM

Last things first. So glad to hear about your good results. You've been through a tense and scary time.
Good to look forward to the cruise and all the lovely things to make. The shawl is going to be stunning with the long dress and the sleeveless sweater is gorgeous. Love the colors for both.

GrumpyGramma 02-21-2014 12:38 PM

So glad to know you're OK and will be able to enjoy knitting these lovely things and then wearing them. Enjoy!

Woofens 02-21-2014 12:58 PM

Glad to hear you are ok. I had to have a sterostatic biopsy of my right breast in December, got my negative results 2 days before Christmas. It's a scary thing to go through. :hug:

The knitting you do for your cruises is incredible! Love the purple.

justplaincharlotte 02-21-2014 01:44 PM

Nonny, really important stuff first. I'm glad all is well with you. :hug:

Now the important stuff. Your cruisewear in progress is just beautiful, and you will look absolutely lovely in your outfits. :heart: The colors are simple divine.

salmonmac 02-21-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofens (Post 1397696)
Glad to hear you are ok. I had to have a sterostatic biopsy of my right breast in December, got my negative results 2 days before Christmas. It's a scary thing to go through. :hug:

Janis, glad to hear your good news to. What a Christmas present!

jinxnit55 02-22-2014 02:58 AM

Glad your biopsy was negative and you can enjoy your cruise and look great, too!

nonny2t 02-22-2014 12:04 PM

Hubby was freaking out, me not so much. It was calcium deposits and because of my size couldn't do just a needle biopsy so had to have surgery. She cut it all out though and it is still pretty sore for sure. Glad you turned out ok too.:cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofens (Post 1397696)

Woofens 02-22-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonny2t (Post 1397769)
Hubby was freaking out, me not so much. It was calcium deposits and because of my size couldn't do just a needle biopsy so had to have surgery. She cut it all out though and it is still pretty sore for sure. Glad you turned out ok too.:cheering:

That's what mine was too, calcium deposits. I go back March 19 for my follow up mammogram. Hope you heal soon!!!

claireweber 02-22-2014 02:35 PM

Good news that you are okay.

Your work, well, gorgeous as usual :inlove: