KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Need Help with Profile Picture (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116646)

lgpars 03-02-2014 01:36 PM

Need Help with Profile Picture

I have tried several times to upload a profile picture to my profile with no success. Does anyone know if they are having problems uploading? It shows the picture and I click on Save but then it goes to a page saying the upload was not successful. The photo is on my computer. Is that a problem?

Jan in CA 03-02-2014 07:00 PM

If it's too large physically or in file size it won't work. Did it say that?

lgpars 03-05-2014 12:48 PM

No it wasn't too large. I made sure it was under what they said. Don't know why I'm having trouble.

sakura-panda 03-05-2014 04:24 PM

Did you get it to work? I went into your profile and I saw your picture (it's very nice!)

Or are you trying to get your picture to show up in the forums? That one is the avatar.

Here are mine:

Profile:

You can see anybody's profile photo (if they have one) by left-clicking on their name, above the avatar on any post, and choosing "view public profile" from the menu.

GrumpyGramma 03-05-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakura-panda (Post 1398633)
Did you get it to work? I went into your profile and I saw your picture (it's very nice!)

Or are you trying to get your picture to show up in the forums? That one is the avatar.

Here are mine:

Profile:

You can see anybody's profile photo (if they have one) by left-clicking on their name, above the avatar on any post, and choosing "view public profile" from the menu.

You do have a lovely profile pic! Try Edit Avatar in the menu on the left when you're in User Settings. Every time I wish to make a change I have to figure it out all over again. :hair:

MissMurder 03-28-2014 11:25 PM

I'm having an issue with that too... I can upload a picture but it ends up sideways. I'm loading from my phone and on it the picture is upright...help please

Artchic528 03-28-2014 11:51 PM

Sometimes mobile devices and tablets will turn pictures upside down and sideways without warning. I usually use my good old laptop to upload pictures so that very thing doesn't happen.

Jan in CA 03-29-2014 11:53 AM

Was the picture taken horizontally with your phone? That could be a reason maybe. Make sure it's rotated and saved properly before you try. Also resizing it square might help.

MissMurder 03-29-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1400423)
Was the picture taken horizontally with your phone? That could be a reason maybe. Make sure it's rotated and saved properly before you try. Also resizing it square might help.

No. They were taken right side up & saved properly, also my phone automatically resizes my pictures to fit right on a screen.

Jan in CA 03-30-2014 12:49 AM

Hmm.. I'm not sure then. I can also do this for you if you want. PM me and I'll give you my email if you want to do that.