KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-to Questions (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   another pesky help-hunter! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116878)

CuteRotts 03-19-2014 07:00 PM

another pesky help-hunter!
 
Hi folks.
Another newby asking for help here.
I made my first pair of gloves the other week and was really chuffed with myself, so i've rather ambitiously decided to try and make a pair of lace edged gloves but i'm stuck already. Could anyone tell me how doing this:
K1, [K2tog tbl, yo, K1] 5 times, [yo, K2tog] 5 times, K1
gets me from 47 stitches to 67 stitches?

I thought that if I K2tog tbl, yo, K1 then I end up with the same number of stitches. Where am I going wrong please?

(I'd ask my mum but she's moved to Spain on me ;) )

Thanks

Em x

salmonmac 03-19-2014 07:30 PM

Welcome!
You've got it perfectly and by the way, congrats on making the gloves (not an easy knit). Yes, each of the increases is balanced by a decrease in the row you've quoted. Can you give us a link to the pattern or a pattern name?

justplaincharlotte 03-19-2014 08:07 PM

Salmonmac,

I'm a bit confused. Doesn't (k2tog, yo, k1) 5 times increase the stitch count on the next row by 5?

Jan in CA 03-19-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1399616)
Salmonmac,

I'm a bit confused. Doesn't (k2tog, yo, k1) 5 times increase the stitch count on the next row by 5?

K2tog is a decrease, YO is an increase. Because they are used together the stitch count will remain the same.

GrumpyGramma 03-19-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuteRotts (Post 1399601)
Hi folks.
Another newby asking for help here.
I made my first pair of gloves the other week and was really chuffed with myself, so i've rather ambitiously decided to try and make a pair of lace edged gloves but i'm stuck already. Could anyone tell me how doing this:
K1, [K2tog tbl, yo, K1] 5 times, [yo, K2tog] 5 times, K1
gets me from 47 stitches to 67 stitches?

I thought that if I K2tog tbl, yo, K1 then I end up with the same number of stitches. Where am I going wrong please?

(I'd ask my mum but she's moved to Spain on me ;) )

Thanks

Em x

Are you supposed to from 47 to 67 sts?

Moms. What can you do with us? :teehee:

CuteRotts 03-20-2014 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1399603)
Welcome!
You've got it perfectly and by the way, congrats on making the gloves (not an easy knit). Yes, each of the increases is balanced by a decrease in the row you've quoted. Can you give us a link to the pattern or a pattern name?

Hi and thanks.
My pattern is from a book. I'll try and scan the page and post it later.

Em x

CuteRotts 03-20-2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1399616)
Salmonmac,

I'm a bit confused. Doesn't (k2tog, yo, k1) 5 times increase the stitch count on the next row by 5?

I think that's what I'm supposed to do but I can't figure out how?

Em x

salmonmac 03-20-2014 05:11 AM

Is this the entire row?
K1, [K2tog tbl, yo, K1] 5 times, [yo, K2tog] 5 times, K1
It requires 27sts and leaves you with 27sts. A scan of this part of the pattern would be good or a quote of the row with 47sts and the increase row would work too.

CuteRotts 03-21-2014 02:33 AM

Hope this works. It's row 7 I'm stuck on.
Em x

CuteRotts 03-21-2014 02:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That didn't work - try again!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.


copyright knittinghelp.com