KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Swap (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   For Sale: knitting needle organizer (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28210)

amy 11-17-2004 07:35 PM

For Sale: knitting needle organizer

2 Attachment(s)
I made this organizer for myself, and I have enough fabric to make two or three more.

Update: All gone, thanks! ...Amigarabita is making them now based on my pattern, so if you want one, contact her.

Note, the back row on this organizer allows both short DPN's and tall straight needles to fit in that row, as in the picture. (That is: each pocket can hold either short or tall needles, due to a fold in the fabric, down in the pocket.)

Chris 11-18-2004 06:10 PM

how do you know the size of double pointed needle?

amigarabita 11-19-2004 12:18 AM

amy, that's a great design. did you make it up?

amy 11-19-2004 12:21 PM

Well, I was thinking of labeling the slots for the sizes of the DPN's, but since I'm still collecting them, and reorganizing them constantly, I ditched the idea. I currently tell the size by putting them in order from small to large (first bottom row, then top row). Also, there are a few sizes I know just by looking at them, so it makes reference easy. Also, on the bamboo needles, the sizes are printed on the needles.

When in doubt, of course, I use my handy dandy needle gauge! (shown in the lower right pocket.)

Amigarabita-- yes I made the design, but it's based on other ones I've seen, so I didn't invent it totally. Although I did invent the trick for the back row, to hold long or short needles! (I'm rather proud of that!) :D

~Amy

kdavies 11-21-2004 06:16 PM

Sold, yet?

Amy,

Have you sold this yet? I'd love to buy it, or one like it. I'm just beginning to knit and don't have a lot of needles, yet, but I'm finding knitting to be an obsession and I'll probably be compeletely stocked on needles and accessories (and broke!) withing a month!

feministmama 11-22-2004 08:52 PM

THis is fabulous. You should sell these on eBay.

amy 11-26-2004 11:49 AM

FeministMama, thanks!

Kathy, yours is in the mail! Thanks!

Amy

kdavies 11-26-2004 01:34 PM

Thanks!!

Kathy

craftyzoey 12-02-2004 08:11 PM

Any more left?

Love the organizer - any more left?

~zoe

amy 12-03-2004 01:41 AM

Hi Zoe,

Yes, I definitely have enough fabric for one more. I might even have enough for two, but I may need to use a different matching fabric for the edging of a second one. Both the fabrics I got were remnants--the last of the stock!

If you're interested, let me know if you want any custom-sized pockets. Also, do you want the fold inside the pocket of the back row, so it can hold both DPN's and long straight needles? You have to understand the concept, or it will just be a pain in the butt to use: the way it works is, you aim the needles towards the back of the organizer to go all the way down into the pocket. You aim them towards the front, to catch them in the fold, for shorter needles. Let me know if you want this. I can make any pocket permanently sized for just one length needle if you prefer.

Amy