KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Felting Solved (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28381)

Jouf 01-08-2005 11:44 PM

Felting Solved

I kept looking around on the internet and realized I had done the hot water and soap, etc. But nobody mentioned that you have to really scrub the fibers together and it really totally looks like a solid mass and not a knitted piece!

And re shaping - piece of cake after the scrubbing! I'm a happy camper.

beldaraan 01-09-2005 12:01 AM

Excellent advice to know in advance. I have some felted purses bookmarked that are simply begging me to make them.

Anne 01-09-2005 12:30 AM

Jouf, glad you found the answer to your felt problem.

beldarran, My girlfriend made 2 felt purses that turned out beautiful. She placed them in the washing machine with a tablespoon of a mild liquid soap and a towel for agitation. She kept checking the purse while it was agitating to make sure it was the correct size.

I would love to stitch one someday.

beldaraan 01-09-2005 12:12 PM

I definitely want to make some purses, but have to wait a few months before we move into our first house. I'll have my own washing machine then. 8)

Here's some of the patterns that I have bookmarked:

Purse One
Purse Two
Purse Three
Purse Four

I see that Amy is missing a section dedicated to purses in her Free Patterns page. Maybe if we ask really nice... :wink:

amy 01-09-2005 01:55 PM

Beldaraan!

You're not going to believe this. I DO have a section for "Bags and Purses," but I forgot to put the link to it on the main patterns page! LOL

I'm so glad you dropped this hint! :) Who knows how long it would have taken me to realize this!! :roll:

I've put the link on the main navigation page. Here's a direct link!

Thanks again!
Amy

beldaraan 01-09-2005 02:21 PM

Yay! Thank you. They are all B-E-A-U-tiful :D

Jouf 01-09-2005 03:47 PM

Felted Purses

I go to the site, but no patterns! Just the headings at the top. Something I'm doing wrong?

amy 01-09-2005 10:26 PM

Hi Jouf,

It might be your firewall... sometimes they'll block images, treating them as if they were advertisements. (According to Sheldon. I don't know a thing about it! LOL)

I just double-checked everything, and the images are definitely there! (and not just cached on my computer.)

The only other thing I can think of is if you've got a slow connection, and are just not giving them enough time to load....

Amy

Jouf 01-10-2005 01:03 AM

Firewall

Amy, you're probably right! I put a new firewall on this computer and it runs a tight ship! Oh, well. I'll figure it out one of these days.

JessicaSant 01-10-2005 10:58 AM

I'm trying to make the Booga Bag that Amy has a link of.... I'm afraid of the felting part -- but I'm sure it'll all work out.. I'll post a pic when I'm done.