KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28799)

yellowness 02-21-2005 03:07 PM

Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

1 Attachment(s)
I left one of the needles for my most primary project at a friends house (some of you may know I work lots of projects at once), so I've had some time to start new projects (see, "What'cha knittin'?" thread) and finish some others.

Here's a shot of the projects I've cranked out while waiting for my needle's return:

1) Gray scarf - elongated stitch pattern posted by Amy (detail on patterns page) - fuzzy acrylic and mohair

2) Green square - pot holder with mock cable ribbing I've been using in the kitchen with trailing, unfinshed ends :) - acrylic

3) Green rectangles - fingerless mits (to the knuckle with thumb hole) - 75% lambs wool 25% merino wool

4) green/blue/purple square - funky cabled/seed stitch hat that has peaks to the side that are either cat ears or devil horns, you decide... - acrylic

5) Black hat - beenie I made the BF that needs minor felting for sizing/stretch correction - 100% Peruvian baby alpaca

Contiknitter Kelly 02-21-2005 05:49 PM

:shock: Wow....you're good.....

Love 'em all esp. the wrist warmers.

Kelly

Anne 02-21-2005 05:55 PM

Your very good.... I like all of them but my favorite one is the Green/Blue/Purple square. I love the colors.

How long have you been knitting? Don't tell me a month!!! :wink:

brightspot 02-21-2005 07:19 PM

I love the purple thing!

yellowness 02-21-2005 07:45 PM

*blush* Aw, shucks... Thanks for the kind words :)

I've been knitting on and off since I was a little girl... about 20 years (I'm young yet).

But I want to see your projects too! People often post them burried in other posts, or link to blogs... It would be nice to see a thread where they're all sort of centralized... And there's got to be more stuff out there yet! Hats, scarves, socks...

brightspot 02-21-2005 07:51 PM

I've been too busy frogging to get anything done. I thought that my sweater could be neater so froggy froggy.

Anne 02-21-2005 08:23 PM

Knitting for 20 years. Wonderful, you lucky girl. I envy those of you that have knitted since you were youngsters.

Keep up the beautiful work. How lucky your Children will be to have a Mom who can teach them to knit.

Peg 02-21-2005 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in agreement with everyone else, beautiful work!

Here are a few scarves I've done since Christmas.
Pattern and yarn from l to r:

Indiecita Lace Scarf, Plymouth Baby Alpaca Brush

Drop Stitch /w some variation, Sirdar's 'Bigga'

My So Called Scarf, Wool in the Woods. I just finished this and still need to add some fringe, I think. ;)

Feather and Fan, Noro Kochoran

Now c'mon ladies (and gents, if you're out there)....share some pics of your beautiful creations!

Jivewhistle 02-21-2005 09:17 PM

Yellowness, I love your projects!! And Peg, I just love your scarves!! I really need to find a scarf pattern and get some yarn and just make something already. I have no problem making a ton of scarves as my first projects :D I'd like to make some hats too, but I think I will just wait until I have circ's and dpn's before I start on that. I am really liking the lace scarf though!!!!!

amigarabita 02-21-2005 09:19 PM

here's some pics of recent work done:

a shrug, the back:

and front (my expression is priceless):

bobbibear (i posted this before):

a felt bag my daughter is modeling: