KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Swap (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   extras in stash swap???? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29171)

feministmama 03-24-2005 03:07 PM

extras in stash swap????

I saw this in another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
OMGGGGGGG cool idea

I was part of a beaders circle a little while back, and we had a stash share box; someone started a box, and we'd put in it all of our "leftover" beads, and mail it to the next person... then she would take what she wanted, and add in whatever she had left over and send it on.
Maybe this is something we could do here? the only downfall I see is that while beads aresmall and light, a box on leftover yarn balls has the potential for getting expensive to mail.... hmm, never mind. good idea in theory, i suppose :??

and I thought, that's not a bad idea. Some wools/cottons/etc may not weight too much and if we're just sending our one or two skeins of scrap and leftovers then maybe even lighter. Whaddaya'll think?

Hildegard_von_Knittin 03-24-2005 10:28 PM

well *I* of course think it's a great idea! GENIUS in fact! :thumbsup:

beldaraan 03-25-2005 12:04 PM

I think it'd be cool, but I sense a problem. I would keep all the yarn, hence ending the cycle :shifty:

KellyK 03-28-2005 08:41 AM

You're having visions of spreading the yarn all over the floor & ROLLING in it, aren't you, Beldie?

Hildegard_von_Knittin 03-28-2005 10:44 AM

Well, how it worked when I did it before was that for each thing you took out of the box, you'd have to put something from your own stash to replenish. So as much as Beldie wants to be a yarn hog, she can't do it!

beldaraan 03-28-2005 11:40 AM

Umm, our dependable mail system lost it?

Hildegard, who ever said I was good at following the rules?! Silly girl.

Kelly, sounds like fun. Want to come over and play with me?

KellyK 03-28-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beldaraan
Kelly, sounds like fun. Want to come over and play with me?

Sure! We can wear pink shorty pajamas, pigtails in our hair, have a pillow fight while jumping on the bed and then roll in yarn! We'll be every man's fantasy! :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin 03-28-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyK
We can wear pink shorty pajamas, pigtails in our hair, have a pillow fight while jumping on the bed and then roll in yarn! We'll be every man's fantasy!

Beldie, don't forget to bring your knitted handcuffs :rofling:

So I'm gathering not a lot of people are interested in this idea :mad: Darn!

KellyK 03-28-2005 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
Beldie, don't forget to bring your knitted handcuffs :rofling:

:mad: HEY!!! :mad:

Hildegard_von_Knittin 03-28-2005 06:35 PM

To add to the fantasy part, KK, not necessarily to chain you up!