KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   KH Monthly Challenge: APRIL--Knit something knotty (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29262)

Hildegard_von_Knittin 04-02-2005 02:46 AM

KH Monthly Challenge: APRIL--Knit something knotty

:figureditout:
Okay, new fun KAL! :cheering: I thought it would be fun to see how each of us uses our creativity.... and also help those of us (me) who suffer from knitter's block!

I'm going to be heading this up every month, and the best part is that you can do it in conjunction with any other project you're already working on! (so none of this "but I'm already doing something, can we start later" stuff) You can also create a totally new project if you want.

Here's how it will work: each month, I will give you a challenge. Your mission is to interpret that challenge, knit it, and take a pic to submit on that month's thread in the KAL forum. How you do it it totally up to you!
So, I thought the Beldie/KK pun on "knotty-naughty" was cute, so your challenge this month is to knit something "knotty"... anything you do that is knotty will fulfill the challenge; I knitted an i-cord, and tied it in a knot for an example (will post pic in the AM with my *new* digicam!!). Maybe you are knitting a sweater--add some celtic knot fair isle to the cuffs. Maybe you're Beldie :shock: and you have the perfect edible underwear pattern you want to try. Think of how you can add something knotty to your current project, or come up with something new, and then post/link to your pics when you're finished.

I got this idea from Beadwork Magazine, where they have a column each month on beading "something"... one month is was "bead something edible" and people sent in phots of a beaded BLT, beaded eggs, a beaded ketchup bottle... someone "beaded" a bikkini out of twizzler bits and lifesavers. Here's a link , if you're interested.

SO, get those needles going people! If you have any ideas for future months let me know!

[Hildie asked me what I thought of this idea, and I said "Sounds Awesome!" I told her she could head this up as an official "KH Monthly Challenge." Thanks Hildie! ~Amy]

midnightskyfibers 04-02-2005 03:58 AM

this sounds awesome (and another cool place that does this is lj's fiber friday), though i liek the idea of a topic a month since weekly is hard to keep up with O.o

(anyone here up for some "strip knitting" for this one? :))

Nuno930 04-02-2005 04:41 PM

I'm in! I need practice on an I-cord so I may steal that idea! Good job on this KAL, I love it :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin 04-03-2005 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
okay! here's my something knotty. Simple, silly, has no other uses. but YOUR "something knotty" can have lots of uses; it's all about being creative! (i should go on QVC or something)

KellyK 04-03-2005 09:04 PM

Sounds like it might be time for a WEENIE WARMER!!! *rubs hands together* :twisted: hee hee hee...

Hildegard_von_Knittin 04-03-2005 10:37 PM

funny you should mention that... as i was finishing the icord, DH came in the room and asked me what i was doing; I showed him the 2-foot finished product, and he said "oh great, I wondered when you were going to finish my warmer... you'd better add a few more stitches though" :rollseyes:

amy 04-04-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
... as i was finishing the icord, DH came in the room and asked me what i was doing; I showed him the 2-foot finished product, and he said "oh great, I wondered when you were going to finish my warmer... you'd better add a few more stitches though" :rollseyes:

:rofling: :rofling: :rofling: Hildie, that's soooo funny.

Okay ladies, fasten your seatbelts. Innocent Amy here has been working on something QUITE Knotty.
And I even started it before this month's Challenge was announced.... Ready?!

I'm designing a pattern for a set of "Garter-belt Pockets." Elegant thigh-warmers that are suspended by a garter belt, and have pockets to hold your Cell phone & other small essentials, totally hidden so they won't show a bulge when wearing a skirt. The best part is, when your cell phone rings, you get to reach up your skirt to grab it! :eyebrow:

They're very pretty, if I do say so myself. Innocent white, with a lacy top edge. When I can figure out how to post a picture tastefully, I'll do it!! They're nearly done!

Amy

Nuno930 04-04-2005 11:41 AM

OOOOHHHH Amy is getting pervey on us! :cheering:

*sniff* I just feel like my little girl is growing up.

Ok really though... those sound soooooooo cool! I would be all over that!

KellyK 04-04-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy
Okay ladies, fasten your seatbelts. Innocent Amy here has been working on something QUITE Knotty.

I've always thought that it's the ones who appear most innocent that have the WILDEST fantasies running through their heads!!! :eyebrow:

:happydance: YOU GO, AMY GIRLFRIEND!!!! :happydance:

kemp 04-04-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

And I even started it before this month's Challenge was announced.... Ready?!

I'm designing a pattern for a set of "Garter-belt Pockets." Elegant thigh-warmers that are suspended by a garter belt, and have pockets to hold your Cell phone & other small essentials, totally hidden so they won't show a bulge when wearing a skirt. The best part is, when your cell phone rings, you get to reach up your skirt to grab it! :eyebrow:

They're very pretty, if I do say so myself. Innocent white, with a lacy top edge. When I can figure out how to post a picture tastefully, I'll do it!! They're nearly done!

Amy
You definitley have to post that! Modesty be damned. :blush: Seems like a really fun project.