KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-to Questions (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Denise Cable/Cord question... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30184)

BinkyKat 06-04-2005 04:00 PM

Denise Cable/Cord question...

Hi all!
Yay! :cheering: I received my very first set of Denise interchangeables today! I am perplexed though because out of the 6 cables in the set, there is only one 5". Who knits with a 5" circ? :thinking:
I went to the Denise site and they mention that the 9" is now in the set as it has been widely requested. I do like knitting on circs, but was hoping to also utilize the straight/flex needle option for smaller stuff. I know the lengths of the needle tips have to be considered when creating a circ, but if I add a 5 and 9 together to make a 14, then use the 14 and put tips on each, I guess I'll have a straight set of about 19-20" but that seems kinda long, and then I may as well just use a circ configuration. I was hoping to make a petite length of straights when out and about knitting. So, at the risk of sounding dense, I am not sure what to do. I emailed the Denise company my dilemma, but as impatient as I am, I thought I would poll the faboo groups of KnittingHelp.com... :thumbsup: Have a I mentioned I LoooooOOOooVVVVvvvEEeeEE this site???? :inlove: :inlove:
I see I will have to do a little light buffing of the tips as they have slight seams where they were formed, but no big deal... I like the consistency of the resin over regular plastic. By the way, I also went ga-ga and got several sets of diff sized Daisy needles. They are colorful and again, different than regular plastic. My faves are bamboo and more so my Addi turbo's (sooooo smooth). I am excited to use my Denises on the go. P.S. I have also collected 3 sets of handmade glass needles from Ebay, they are super slick but more fun to look at. Us crafters/hobbyist without kids yet have nothing better to do that buy this kind of stuff! I love it! Better stock up now so I have something to do if a baby does come along! LOL :lol:
Thanks in advance for anyone's input! :XX:

MrsBear87 06-04-2005 06:04 PM

5" Circ Denise

I don't think you can actually knit with that short Denise. I use it as an extender for other lengths and also as a stitch holder with the end caps.

I love my set and use them constantly.

Happy stitching!

BinkyKat 06-05-2005 12:38 AM

Ahhh, now that makes sense! :doh:
I was thinking that the picture of the Denise set I saw had two 5 inches so I thought they both could be used with tips for straights. I already have my eye on getting the extra cables for making super long circs as I have some blankets I want to make... :lol: The cables are a nice texture which is a common plus I have been reading on reviews. I plan to give my new set a real good workover! :XX:
Thanks for your help MrsBear...87, the year I graduated high school...love the 80's :happydance:

Dot 06-06-2005 07:53 PM

I use the 5" as a dpn... then again I use all the others as dpn's when on the go, heh. I, too, saw the picture where there were two 5" but I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that the 9" is perfect for hats:D

kimmie 06-06-2005 08:11 PM

The older version of the set did come with 2 of the 5" cords, and the newer one comes with the 9" instead of one of the 5". I do use my two 5"s as single needles sometimes. You can always buy extra cords from Denise if you want. I have bought their two extra long sizes just in case I need them some day. I LOVE my Denise set & use it all the time. Truly it's the best knitting investment I've made.
kimmie