KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-to Questions (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   You've GOT to be Kidding Me !!!!!! ARGH! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31145)

BinkyKat 08-05-2005 11:41 PM

You've GOT to be Kidding Me !!!!!! ARGH!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I am so mad I am about ready to quit and find another hobby!!!!!!
I know there were threads on this very problem and I have read them and hoped all would be ok.. .but I am so frustrated at trying to knit in the round!! I am trying to do this #$%^&* hat on my Denise's size 10.5 16" and it is RIDICULOUSLY TIGHT !!! :wall:
I cast on two diff. ways, 48 stitches, even watched Amy's video (she has such a calm voice... ohhhhmmmmm) but no matter how i try to keep the first joining stitch tight... it is IMPOSSIBLE to continue all the way around. I got about halfway around just the first stinkin' row two diff. attempts and finally just cut the yarn... cussed..(thus scaring the cat) :shock: and have basically vowed never to attempt knitting anything in the round... EVER!!!!
(breathe, 1,2,3,4.....) Thanks for letting me rant, but I still QUIT!...
anybody know of any hang-gliding / javelin throwing websites as well done as this one....just curious... :rollseyes:

Mer 08-05-2005 11:48 PM

Oh! Don't quit! It's ok! Breathe....ahhh.

It's not that bad. I wouldn't worry about making the join really tight right now--just work going around and around if that's still giving you trouble. The first few rows of knitting in the round are always the hardest, I think.

You can do it! :thumbsup:

KellyK 08-05-2005 11:52 PM

I dont think Denise's can make exactly 16". I think it makes 20", from tip to tip.....try the next cord down?

BinkyKat 08-06-2005 12:06 AM

:rollseyes:
well, Google doesn't have any matches for Flaming Poodle Grooming or Ballroom Grenade Juggling... I guess I'll continue with this... :roflhard:
I triple checked my needle configurations and the smallest I can get is a 17 inch...(a 9" cable with the two 4" needle heads). When I first began, and was reading my booklet in my Denise set... I swore it said there was an 8" cable, but I was mistaken... there are size 8 needle heads... :doh:
Well, I guess if I really wanna try this hat... I should check and see if the DP's I have are the right size and use those... or go buy some... How much use would I get out of a size 16 circ? a lot i suppose if i make more of these hats....sil is preggy... :?? The next cord down is the 5 inch... nahgonnahappin'

now... gonna go soothe myself with food.... snack time! LOL :roflhard:

brendajos 08-06-2005 12:10 AM

i have tried that hat...there is NO way that hat will go around any circ set but maybe a 12" set. i even put it on DPNs and the next thing i decided was that there was no way that hat was going to fit on any baby's head that i have seen outside a premie. the circle was TINY and i think if babies had heads as small as that people wouldn't complain so much about labor hurting! ;) it makes me sad cuz i had to give up on that hat unless i wanted to doctor it a bit.

i have had this problem with all baby hats...i haven't been able to cast any of them on to a small circ...drivin' me nuts...but i ordered a whole new set of 16" circs tonight so we'll see...

BinkyKat 08-06-2005 12:16 AM

That was my thought too...once I did get it to "join," I thought is was really small. My nephew is 7 months old and his head ain't that teeny :thinking:
If it were...I'd be the first one in line to get pg! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Rennagayle 08-06-2005 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinkyKat
That was my thought too...once I did get it to "join," I thought is was really small. My nephew is 7 months old and his head ain't that teeny :thinking:
If it were...I'd be the first one in line to get pg! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

KellyK 08-06-2005 12:27 AM

Why dontcha try the two circs or magic loop method??

Julie 08-06-2005 01:16 AM

Quote:

How much use would I get out of a size 16 circ?
I do a lot of knitting on US6 needles, so I invested in TWO Addi 16" US6 circular needles (for the 2-circ method), and they are fabulous!! I use them for hats and sleeves mostly. They are among my most-used needles. :D

Mer 08-06-2005 08:30 AM

Ooh, I didn't notice that you said 16" circs. I haven't ever used the smallest cord on my denise's (except to extend other cords) because it's so difficult to use!