KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   !!The Stash Assassin!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31484)

ekgheiy 08-23-2005 11:34 AM

!!The Stash Assassin!!

So you wanna do the kal? I started #4 from this book, using some left over Lion cotton... :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom 08-23-2005 03:44 PM

WOOHOOOOO!!! Knitalong it is! But change the subject line so all may know, and join us in our pursuit of stash depletion and staving off utter boredom... :roflhard:
I had a brainstorm .. I think I'm going to make a soap pouch type thing in the Trinity Stitch for ultra scrubbiness....

ekgheiy 08-23-2005 05:25 PM

MMMMM... Ultra scrubbiness!! KEWL!!!

punkhippiemom 08-23-2005 07:32 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: The Stash Assassin!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

ekgheiy 08-24-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
:roflhard: :roflhard: The Stash Assassin!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

hehehehehe :lol: I thought you might find that entertaining... ;)

ekgheiy 08-24-2005 11:29 AM

Update: I've about 6" of #4 done, but it looks like I chose to @$$@$$inate the wrong stash ball. I don't have enough to finish the 'ol cloth. :help: So I need to decide whether to frog to an even point in the pattern or join another stash and continue like normal ... decisions, decisions ... :thinking:

I have also decided that I'm going to call mine a "wash cloth"; I don't wanna use it as a dish cloth ... :fingerwag:

The pattern is quite nice too. I'm actually getting the same right leaning st pattern as I did with the blanket that I just finished (Blue Tranquility from ISBN 1574862235, Leisure Arts #3219), except without the YO. It's called a Right Twist (RT) in the cloth pattern:

K2tog, do NOT slip sts off, K the first st, slip both sts off

It alternates a block of RT's w/ a block of seed st. Really cute and I can't wait to finish and @$$@$$inate another stashball! :happydance:

punkhippiemom 08-24-2005 11:41 AM

:thinking: That does sound pretty nifty...almost like my so-called scarf...
And I agree completely, anything that you enjoy making should absolutely be a washcloth...The yucky practice ones are dishcloths! ;)
I have yet to start casting on for my scrubbie, but I have it pretty much formulated, I just need to do it (I spent half of my shower this morning trying to figure how big a standard size bar of soap was, and how many st that would be with a 4.5st/in gauge :roflhard: least until i ran out of hot water!) :doh:
So anyway, when I finish it, I'm going to go to the dollar store and get her some bath salts and one of those little foot massagers, and a pretty basket to put it in, and maybe a few homemade soap balls, and mom's crossed of my list. :happydance: 1 down, 5,367 to go... :thumbsup:

ekgheiy 08-24-2005 11:48 AM

Kewl!! You should get some of the shrink wrap stuff too. And some ribbons or something. You're gonna have so much fun w/ the basket!! You have a digicam, right? :?? I gotta see it ... I gotta see it ...

punkhippiemom 08-24-2005 03:06 PM

Oh yes, my digicam is the best Christmas present I've ever gotten for Thanksgiving lmao (DS spilled the beans, and DH gave it to me early - remind me never to take a 3yo Xmas shopping!)
I also had another thought...I did get started, but the S'n'C is actually a lot softer than I wanted... I think I'm gonna sacrifice one of the zillions of bath puffs I have to the knitting gods, cut it into a workable thickness and knit that bad boy! My mom's the one that got me addicted to scrubbing my skin half off when washing - she used to buy loofahs all the time, and after those, nothing is scrubby enough for me- so I know she'll appreciate the extra texture...won't be a stash buster, but then , my stash is small enough as it is..

ekgheiy 08-24-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
...won't be a stash buster ...

"stash buster"??? Um-excuse me ... wth is **that**??? Did you by chance mean ... STASH ASSASSIN?!? :roflhard: