KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OT: I quit today! (Updates added on first post) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32309)

Silver 10-05-2005 06:00 PM

OT: I quit today! (Updates added on first post)

SMOKING that is! I quit smoking today!!!

I've been mulling over quitting for MONTHS. But I knew that I wouldn't until I was ready. Well, today, I went to Walgreens to pick up some smokes, and came home with Nicorette gum instead. I guess I made up my mind.

Please, I need all the encouragement I can get. DH still smokes, but he said this will definitely encourage him to quit too. *crosses fingers*

*telling myself*
go on.. hit submit... submitting the post and telling everyone is committing to quitting.

It's day 19. Still quit.
Join me in The No Smoking Zone for updates and encouragement.

amy 10-05-2005 06:05 PM

Wow Sil!! You've made a huge step in making the decision. Congratulations!
...Make sure you've got a good knitting project on the needles to keep down the figits!

Go Silver Go!!!

foldedbird 10-05-2005 06:06 PM

Good luck, Silver!!! Maybe knitting will keep your hands busy!

KellyK 10-05-2005 06:10 PM

YOU HAVE A WILL OF STEEL!
YOU CAN DOOOO EEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

*need a muscle flexing emoticon*

LisaD715 10-05-2005 06:13 PM

Silver!!! I am so PROUD of you!! I know what a hard decision it is to quit. I have a gf who did the same thing and decided one day it was her time to quit, and she has never smoked since. I KNOW of all people YOU can do this!!!!!!

Silver 10-05-2005 06:13 PM

Thank you!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I know I can do it. Both times I found out I was pregnant, I quit THE same day, cold turkey. And didn't start again until they were at least a year old. This time, I have the gum to fall back on. I have complete faith in myself that I can quit.

I just hope I never start again. :doh:

hedgehog 10-05-2005 06:32 PM

Good luck, Silver!

When i quit - many, many moons ago - i did it on a whim too. I was thinking that i needed to stop, looked at my last two and thought, "well, when i finish these i'll just not buy another pack". There was no ceremony, just the resolution to simply stop.

Reward your decision and focus your attention by starting a really fun project just for YOU. It'll help, i'm sure!

*fingers crossed*
-hh

Julie 10-05-2005 06:34 PM

You can do it!! nd you have needles to keep your hands busy... :thumbsup:

margie 10-05-2005 07:08 PM

That is great news, Silver!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!! The faith in yourself is the most important thing. Have something to fall back on- in those really, really bad - I need one right now or I'll go crazy times- something that you can do to try to push through it. I quit cold turkey the day I met my husband. I had a few times that I thought I'd go back, but I didn't.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

gimmesanity 10-05-2005 07:31 PM

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Yay, Sil!!!!

You can do it, chica! You're stronger than those little cancer-sticks, and, more importantly, you are worth it!!!! Quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. Good luck, momma!

~Sharon