KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pink KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32694)

foldedbird 10-20-2005 02:41 AM

Pink KAL

The YaYas will be all casting on & knitting a pink chemo cap on October 22nd at the Race For the Cure in Jacksonville, Florida. Please join us.

Requirements for this KAL:
1. Think about Breast Cancer. Raise Awarness. Remind your family members to self-check, see a doctor, and GET A MAMMOGRAM. It's the law for your HMO to pay for one mammogram per year. Friday, Oct. 21 is National Mammography Day.

2. Number one is the only requirement.

Post some pictures of your progress, give your cap to a treatment center in your area or send it to headhuggers.org. Sue is a very friendly lady, and will get your cap to people who need it.

Divine Secrets of the Yarn Yarn progress pics from Saturday will be posted here, and cross posted in our blog.

Hildegard_von_Knittin 10-24-2005 09:59 PM

PINK! is my new obsession!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

koolbreeze 10-24-2005 10:11 PM

mine too!

foldedbird 10-25-2005 01:31 AM

Hey Hildie! Mine too! Most days my house looks like a pepto bismal color scheme or something. Koolbreeze, I'm glad that you can join us in this pink parade.

Speaking of pink, Saturday was our race day. I worked on a cap with pink Debbie Bliss cashmerino yarn, and Melanie sort of worked on a pink cap too. Her husband Nate sported a pink ribbon bandanna. I will have pictures up here very soon, probably tommorow!

What are YOU knitting that's pink?

koolbreeze 10-25-2005 10:25 AM

hat, i think

Julie 10-27-2005 11:26 PM

I'll be starting a chemo cap on Saturday if I can find the right yarn! Cashmerino is a good choice, no? Very soft, and machine washable?

I'm excited because I offered to do this for someone, and she actually accepted. Not that knitting for a stranger is less valuable or anything...it's just neat to be able to reach out to a specific person, let them choose the pattern, etc. I feel really honored to be doing it. :D

KellyK 10-27-2005 11:53 PM

Cashmerino is a Rowan yarn, yes? The LYS we're going to doesnt carry Rowan, but there are some REALLY soft Berrocco yarns there....

Julie 10-28-2005 01:01 AM

It's Debbie Bliss... *crosses fingers*

KellyK 10-28-2005 07:31 AM

I dont THINK they have it, but there is another LYS within 5 minutes' drive from where we'll be, and they do carry DB....you can make up an excuse & sneak away :hiding: to buy it if you dont find anything comparable at Chix With Stix...

foldedbird 10-28-2005 07:45 AM

Julie, what a coinky-dink! That is the same yarn that I'm using! You SO HAVE TO GET IT NOW!!! It's fate! This is a SIGN that you are meant to have this yarn!

Knitting the caps has seriously been a life-changing experience for me, and I'm glad that it's already been a good thing for you, too!

KK, no idea on the Rowan stuff. The stuff I have is chunky, 3sts/inch. Hope that helps!