KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How should threads in this forum be posted? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33541)

kemp 11-17-2005 12:46 PM

How should threads in this forum be posted?

Question/opinion to Amy and others. I'm not sure how Amy intended us to use this...should it be sort of like the blog forum where anyone who wants to post FO's maintains a single thread from here to eternity? Or should each person put up a new post everytime we want to show a new FO?

Silver 11-17-2005 12:48 PM

In my very honest opinion, EVERY FO deserves it's own thread and all the ensuing kudos and raves. The things people make here always amaze me and inspire me. And I feel that every item is a work of art and should have it's own place to shine.

kemp 11-17-2005 12:53 PM

Excellent point. I wonder how others will feel...

dana_renay 11-17-2005 01:22 PM

This option wasn't on the poll, but I think it would be nice to have a thread for each type of FO? E.g. a separate thread for scarves, hats, socks, layette...if there is a specific pattern that's getting knitted by lots of people (like the FT clogs or Rogue or whatever) that could get its own thread also.
The reasoning behind this is that if I wanted to knit, say, a hat, and didn't have a pattern in mind yet, I could go browse through the hat FOs for inspiration.
But maybe it would get too confusing or complicated? I certainly can see the rationale of each FO getting its own thread and its own "moment to shine"...

Sara 11-17-2005 01:28 PM

I'd like to see a thread for each with the pattern name in the title. For instance, if I want to make Clapotis and use the same yarn as Rebecca (gorgeous choice, btw), it would be nice to be able to go to one thread rather than scroll through 78 pages to see shat she used.

And of course, not all patterns have names, but a lot of them do.

kemp 11-17-2005 01:28 PM

Good idea! I tried to edit the poll to add that but it wouldn't let me.

kitkat 11-17-2005 01:50 PM

Like Silver, I believe every FO should have its moment of glory. Unfortunately that one thread got so beastly long and once I fell behind, I felt like it took too long to catch up, ya know?

punkhippiemom 11-17-2005 01:52 PM

I think a blog thread would be cool, organized either by person's FO's or by type... because that way the number of threads won't get completely haywire... but I plan on doing that for myself, because I generally have a lot of FO's - - people that have fewer might want to showcase theirs as they're finished in individual threads :??

Kemp never posts stupid polls ;)

Jivewhistle 11-17-2005 01:55 PM

I agree with what Silver and Sara said. I love seeing a thread with someone's particular FO in it...that way everyone can ask about the pattern/yarn, etc in that one thread and don't have to scroll through a bunch of other stuff not related to that FO.

This is going to make everything so much easier. :happydance:

KellyK 11-17-2005 02:34 PM

If this were organized like the Blog forum, then the 2 would get confused. I think each FO should get its own thread.

Maybe it would be easier if each thread's name was preceded by either "FO" (Finished Object) or "ON" (On Needles).... :thinking:

Sara...to avoid browsing 78 pages to find Rebecca's yarn, you could use the search tool above and search on "Clapotis", narrowing your search to Rebecca's posts only. :thumbsup: