KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   12/7 Good Morning! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34356)

tigger0229 12-07-2005 09:57 AM

12/7 Good Morning!

How is everyone today? our power was still off when I got home and didn't come on until 7 or 7:30 pm. there was at least 50 trucks up and down our neighborhood and the highway. apparently our area grew so much, the strain on the power line made it melt! so they put two lines in and had worked throughout the day and evening. The christmas lights didn't help either. :D luckily we have a gas log fireplace and it kept the house moderately warm in the other rooms and very warm in the family room it's located in.

anyway, no knitting for me last night.

wyoknitter 12-07-2005 11:10 AM

Good Morning All

I get to stay home and knit today. It's very cold at minus 20 and wind chill of minus 42 ! The dogs don't want to go out and neither do I ! ;)

Have a great day !!

tigger0229 12-07-2005 11:19 AM

brrrr!!! what kind of dogs do you have?? we have a maltese and he's such a sweetie. he's only 4 months old but has stolen our hearts big time!
DH just called and said POWER IS OUT AGAIN as they are working yet again on it. :rollseyes:
this is getting old.

Arugula 12-07-2005 11:50 AM

wyoknitter-I think we have the same storm, the news said it was along the entire front range. We are in Colorado Springs and it is 0 out now, unusually cold with a lot of snow storms this week. My oldest came down with croup day before yesterday so we are all staying inside. Fine by me, I get to work on all sorts of knitting projects!

Bought my first set of Addi Turbos yesterday-size 7 16" circulars. I will be attempting yet another hat for dh. Hopefully this one will fit...

Not much to add this morning, dh and I are both pretty tired from being up with sick kids.

tigger0229 12-07-2005 11:55 AM

arugula, what happened to the first hat?

Norman 12-07-2005 12:42 PM

that sounds like minnesota weather.. :)

Let's see what do we have here:

-9 actual with -20 winchill :)

I hate the midwest winter..

Got a few rows done on the scarf last night.. hope to get the other 20 done sometime today.. but I'm doing some video editing right now for a wedding video.. :)

it's a little overdue

Jeremy 12-07-2005 01:05 PM

Getting colder here in CT too and more snow expected Fri. Not Minnesota or Wyoming but uncomfortable. We have a Maltese too. See her at Cheezy Pet photos from Sunday or Monday.

jodstr2 12-07-2005 01:41 PM

wow! all you knitters please stay warm!!!

okay day so far. am trying to finish my breakfast then get to the RMAs I didn't do yesterday.

halfway done with Nana's first clog.

Arugula 12-07-2005 01:57 PM

It was a first project and while it looked good, it was HUGE and a little too short (he has a gigantic head).I tried to felt it a little thinking that would make it fit better but it just got shorter lol. Good man that he is, he insists he likes it but I don't think it keeps him very warm. Too bad I don't have a little girl, I'd run a ribbon around the edge, sinch it up and make a beret!

tigger0229 12-07-2005 02:12 PM

hey norman and jeremy.
Jodi, you mentioned in GM yesterday that you aren't using pre-made soles. what pattern are you using for the clogs?
arugula, :roflhard: yes, I can see him with the ribboned beret!!