KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Yarn caddy/tote (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35698)

ItsBecca 01-09-2006 12:39 PM

Yarn caddy/tote

What does everyone keep their yarn in? I usually just buy yarn as I need it since our space is so limited, so normally I keep mine in plastic grocery bags, but I have about 10 skeins, and 9 of them are very thick and hard to find room for, so, what does everyone use and where did you get it?! :thinking:

Jan in CA 01-09-2006 12:57 PM

I have this one from Target. This is a set of two so it's more expensive. I only got one and it was about $25 I think..not postive, it might have been less. My stepmom also got me a rolling tote from Joanns.

horve1 01-09-2006 01:00 PM

I have two bags I keep my yarn and supplies in. One is on wheels, lots of space, some nice storage pockets. Got it online at Joann.com The only thing I don't like is it doesn't roll well except very slowly on a very even surface.
The other is a nice shoulder strap bag I got at A C Moores. I like it much better. Plenty of space, nice pocets, and 6 spaces for yarn-in-use with holes at the top for it to feed out of.
Sorry my descriptions aren't too good.

horve1 01-09-2006 01:01 PM

I have two bags I keep my yarn and supplies in. One is on wheels, lots of space, some nice storage pockets. Got it online at Joann.com The only thing I don't like is it doesn't roll well except very slowly on a very even surface.
The other is a nice shoulder strap bag I got at A C Moores. I like it much better. Plenty of space, nice pocets, and 6 spaces for yarn-in-use with holes at the top for it to feed out of.
Sorry my descriptions aren't too good.

BonnieM 01-09-2006 01:04 PM

I have a large Rubbermaid container that holds my stash. WIPs are in various knitting bags scattered around the house :oops:

CarmenIbanez 01-09-2006 01:04 PM

I recently moved to a new place and I am so excited because I have a spare room. My mother likes to call it the guest room. I call it the yarn room!

But we lived in a fairly small place before and bought a folding table to be used as a craft/activity desk. I put a nice long table cloth on it, and then undernearth I stored all my yarn in plastic bins. The bins mentioned in this thread from target would be perfect under a table.

But I also have a small bag that I keep whatever is my current project in for mobility sake.

Jax3303 01-09-2006 01:10 PM

my yarn stash is kept in a 18-gallon rubbermaid storage tub. I put batting and fabric ofer the lid so when it's closed it's a comfy ottoman. I keep my WIP's (and yarn for them) and my needles and tools/notions in a rolling yarn tote that my best friend gave me for Christmas. (there's a pic of it on my blog, scroll down to my 'Yay! Christmas is over' post, link to my blog in my sig)

Jan in CA 01-09-2006 01:15 PM

Since others are saying where they keep their WIP I will say I keep mine in a pile on the coffee table! :roflhard:

CarmenIbanez 01-09-2006 01:23 PM

Yeah well, the only reason my stuff is hidden away is because I have so many unfished projects, they wouldn't fit on the coffee table! My New Year's Knitting resolution was to finish all my unfinished projects before I start a new one!

Jax3303 01-09-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
Since others are saying where they keep their WIP I will say I keep mine in a pile on the coffee table! :roflhard:

I wish I could do that. But I can't, because if I did, my kids would pull the needles out of my projects and start sword fighting with them...:roflhard: