KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Your favorite needles? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36048)

Darhain 01-17-2006 05:21 AM

Your favorite needles?

I'm not trying to start a debate about the merits of one type of needle over another. Just wondering what everyone is currently using and loving. :)

Personally, it's all about the bamboo for me. When I first started knitting, I was using aluminum needles and almost gave up because the needles were driving me nuts (too slippery, hated the feel of them in my hands -- they actually made my hands ache, the points were TOO sharp, etc.). Bamboo saved me! :lol:

Think I could get that on a bumper sticker? "Bamboo Saved Me!" :rofling:

(BTW, bamboo happens to be a new passion for me in another crafty realm, too -- bamboo fabric is SOOOOOOO super, duper yummy! :heart: )

Cristy 01-17-2006 08:26 AM

I started with bamboo and swore by it but since I bought my interchangables, I've found myself using primarily aluminum because it IS slippery--I knit faster on metal needles. I've yet to try addi's b/c I don't think I'm ready to go that fast yet!

earthchick 01-17-2006 08:35 AM

I'm all about the Addi Turbos. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I also love my bamboo dpns.

Ingrid 01-17-2006 09:05 AM

Love the slick Addis!

Darhain 01-17-2006 09:35 AM

Actually, Addis are a whole different cattegory than most metal needles, IMO. They're pretty cool when I want to use a circular needle, but I still prefer my bamboos straights.

dustinac 01-17-2006 09:36 AM

I like Addis but only have a few pairs... so my Boyes Interchangeable are next... :D

Vendie 01-17-2006 09:43 AM

I'm in love with my lantern moons - if I could own a pair in every size I would. I also really like my Brittany's. My Denise's are my favorite circulars - tho I use addi's for finer gauge things like socks.

Arugula 01-17-2006 09:46 AM

I loved bamboo for learning, then got frustrated with it when I became a faster/tighter knitter and my stitches were sticking like crazy. Now I am all about aluminum, as long as the ends are really pointy. I bought a pair? of addi circulars but am not sure if I am going to like them, the end seems a lot more blunt than my other metal needles and I hate trying 3 times to get my needle in a stitch when I am working quickly.

Ronda 01-17-2006 09:51 AM

All I own are a few bamboo sets, Boye aluminum needles, and one pair of Addi Turbos. For me, the yarn sticks too much to the bamboo needles, so I prefer metal, and the Addis are amazing! I wish I could use Addis for everything! I would like to try a Lantern Moon set, though.

VickiIL 01-17-2006 09:59 AM

My first choices are my denise and my addis! I don't like using straights much anymore (although I do use them when I work on lace weight yarn...) My favorite dpn's are my rosewoods and my crystal palace. They are finished with some kind of lacquer or something that makes them feel so wonderful. I wish I could afford to get a set in every size...but alas I already own so many bamboo dpns I can't justify it.