KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hourglass Sweater kAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36359)

knitbebe 01-24-2006 01:13 AM

Hourglass Sweater kAL

1 Attachment(s)
Hourglass Sweater from "Last minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson

A fitted Raglan Sweater with beautiful bell sleeves.

join in! :waving:

knitbebe

misstialouise 01-24-2006 01:33 AM

Re: Hourglass Sweater kAL

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitbebe
Hourglass Sweater from "Lat minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson

It sounds pretty.. is there a pic of it somewhere?

kellyjo32 01-24-2006 07:26 AM

Good idea starting it here knitbebe! I think I'm farther along, and that worries me, who will lead the way?! :shock:
We have a "Communications Day" at work today, 8-12, so that will be strictly knitting time for me! I'm hoping to finish this first sleeve and get the second one started, although I'm semi-confused about the instructions to put the first sleeve on the main body, so I'm just going to put them on a holder until I can look at it better. I'm loving the Andean silk, so soft, and the color is just gorgeous! I'll try to take progress pics tonight, if I remember!

Mer 01-24-2006 11:22 AM

Thanks for starting the KAL! I'm done with the body and just started the first sleeve. I'm using Debbie Bliss Cathay (50% cotton, 35% viscose microfibre, 15% silk).

allegra918 01-24-2006 11:59 AM

Hi All,
Mer just let me know that there is an Hourglass Sweater KAL. YAY!
I just started it a few days ago, and I don't have much done yet. I am using Gedifra Stripe, in reds, pinks, purples. I love it so far, I don't know why I'm not further along.... :??

Will try to move a little quicker.....

kellyjo32 01-24-2006 12:56 PM

Yay!! :cheering: I got the majority of my first sleeve done in my horrible meeting!! I'm doing the smallest size, but the sleeve still seems to be a little big around, but it should be okay.
There are now 4 of us, how exciting.
Mer, you might have to help me once I'm done the sleeves, I'm semi-confused with the "knit the sleeves sts onto the circular needle for the body next to the 69 sts for front, place market, then knit the back" How do you knit something onto a circular needle? Does it mean just move them? This part has me baffled.... :??

Mer 01-24-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo32
Yay!! :cheering: I got the majority of my first sleeve done in my horrible meeting!! I'm doing the smallest size, but the sleeve still seems to be a little big around, but it should be okay.
There are now 4 of us, how exciting.
Mer, you might have to help me once I'm done the sleeves, I'm semi-confused with the "knit the sleeves sts onto the circular needle for the body next to the 69 sts for front, place market, then knit the back" How do you knit something onto a circular needle? Does it mean just move them? This part has me baffled.... :??

Well I'm not there yet--but I'll try to help if you need it! It might make more sense when you have everything in your hands and are looking at the pattern. That often happens to me. :lol:

allegra918 01-24-2006 03:45 PM

So, as I'm eating lunch and staring at my hourglass sweater, I am wondering if it is already looking too big? the lower body (the small amount i have done) looks awfully wide. i'm thinking maybe i should do the smaller size (right now i am doing the Small size)...... if i have to frog, this would be the time, i guess before i get too far.....

:crying:

this is just a KAL, no deadline, right?!??!?!?!

kellyjo32 01-24-2006 05:52 PM

allegra, i'm with you...my sleeve is looking extra big, and then my hubby confirmed it looked a little baggy....i'm 13 inches up on it...what to do? although the body part of mine is looking okay, hard to tell though?! my gauge swatches were right on, and i checked a couple of times when i started, so i know that's not the problem.

it's scary to think about starting over though...but then again, you want to make sure it's right....hmmm....although it is an "hourglass" sweater, so it will taper in

Mer 01-24-2006 08:20 PM

Something I wasn't sure about on this pattern was the sizing--the finished measurements are given for the sweater, not for the person wearing it. So I picked the smallest size (which is smaller than my bust size) because I wanted to have a little negative ease (a little snugness, I suppose!) Hopefully that was the right way to go!