KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pattern from Workbasket Magazine (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36383)

darlene91651 01-24-2006 04:18 PM

Pattern from Workbasket Magazine

I am looking for a pattern that was in Workbasket Magazine probably from the '80's, it was worked in strips then sewn together, and was a cable pattern. I've lost my pattern, and now that I know how to do cables would love to try it again. Any help would be appreciated. Darlene

grawey6 01-27-2006 01:55 PM

Darlene,
Can you give me a better idea of when it may have been published? Do you remember what the cover looks like? I've got a fairly complete archive of the workbaskets. I don't recall that particular sweater, but I prob'ly just glazed over it cuz I accuired all these mags in my pre-knitting life.
Tracy

darlene91651 01-28-2006 12:03 AM

workbasket pattern

Tracy, It was probably from the 1980's, it is an afghan done in strips each strip is a different color separated by white, large tassels on each end of each strip. and it's done in pink, lavender, and i think turquoise. It's a color photo and I think it was on the inside back cover or in the middle of the magazine. thanks so much for looking for me.. Darlene

grawey6 01-28-2006 12:47 AM

OK Darlene,
It might be a few days but I promise to get back to you. If I find it, I'll be happy to send you the book (assuming you're here in the States or there abouts). Considering how many there are in those boxes upstairs I'd be willing to bet I've got more than one copy. :D

If you haven't heard from me by Tuesday give me a nudge. Just post something here and I'll be reminded again.

Tracy

darlene91651 01-31-2006 01:45 AM

Tracy, thank you so much for taking the time looking for that pattern. Oh, How I would love to help you look through all those Workbasket Magazines. I'm sure we could find lots of projects.. BTW, I am in the states...water-logged New Orleans, La. Darlene

grawey6 02-02-2006 04:26 PM

Darlene,
First of all....HOW ARE YOU??? Tornados last night, scheesh, I hope you are well!

Secondly....I found it! And I just want to thank you for having me look through all those magazines.....sigh Now I have about 9? 13? 27? more project ideas!!!!! :happydance: ROFL Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but between the new knitting, and crocheting projects I found there were about 12000 recipes that I had to read/jot down! LOL

It's called the "Sailor's Afghan" Worked in mauve and blue 60 x 45. The cable strips are knitted separately and then sewn onto the afghan that is 420 rows of striped stockinette. The afghan is double thick under the sewn on cables.

So why don't you email me privately and I'll mail you the magazine!
Grawey6@aol.com
Tracy

grawey6 02-02-2006 04:36 PM

Ooops now that I've read your description again maybe it isn't the right one! There is no white in this, only mauve and blue (kindof turquoisy) and there are no tassels...........hmmmm whaddya think?

The photo is of the afghan draped on a rocker almost completely covering it and the cables/stripes are running horizontally. It is a large full page color picture.
Tracy

darlene91651 02-03-2006 12:43 AM

Tracy, check your email when you have a chance. BTW, I am fine here,but a tornado did touch down 2 blocks from where my Mom lives.

darlene91651 02-03-2006 12:44 AM

Tracy, check your email when you have a chance. BTW, I am fine here,but a tornado did touch down 2 blocks from where my Mom lives.

darlene91651 02-03-2006 12:44 AM