KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   knitting olympics...excited? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37041)

Cristy 02-09-2006 09:16 PM

knitting olympics...excited?

I am so excited about the knitting olympics...and to think I almost didn't sign up! I'm doing the irish hiking scarf--I've never done cables (which look easy now that I've seen the video) but it's really the length that is my challenge. I knit so slowly sometimes--I figure between a new technique and something lengthy...it counts as challenging!

Just wondered if anyone else is as giddy as I am about the KO?

sfavereau 02-09-2006 09:48 PM

I was hoping that my KP order would arrive so I could join the knitting olympics, but alas it did not. I was so disappointed.... :help:

nicolethegeek 02-09-2006 09:53 PM

Even with all my troubles trying to get set up in the starting gate {two topics here in "help" for my felting, and a complete synopsis in my blog}, I can't wait for tomorrow.... frantically knitting off the last of my Skacel sweater when I *should* be napping before work!

Pixywhispers 02-09-2006 10:46 PM

OMGosh! The Olympics starts tommorrow!? AH!!!!!! I was busy cleaning my craft/school room all day! With a dear friend. You know your close if you can show her your junk. ANYWAY! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I gotta go get my knitting bag together! What time does the opening ceremony start anyway?

Jenelle 02-09-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixywhispers
What time does the opening ceremony start anyway?

I was wondering the same thing...

I'm really scared about this.... I have to get a 3' x 5' lap blanket done in that time... and I'm going to be starting Algebra I, Spanish I B, and I'll be doing the PSSA testing :help:

Ohh this is going to be a challenge for me..

Cristy 02-09-2006 11:42 PM

I'm eastern standard time and it starts at 8:30 pm I believe.

sogrammatical 02-09-2006 11:46 PM

Boy am I excited! I've been wanting to start this project all week long!

earthchick 02-09-2006 11:48 PM

I am very excited! My pattern arrived today, so I'm all set to begin (yarn came on Tuesday and I've done my gauge swatch). The only thing is that I haven't finished dh's sweater for our anniversary tomorrow. I really wanted to be done with it by the time I cast on my KO socks (er, not to mention to be able to actually give him a finished sweater....).

I believe that the games begin at 8:00 (2:00 EST). :thumbsup:

misstialouise 02-09-2006 11:49 PM

Well, it's my birthday party tomorrow, so I won't be casting on until Sunday night... :D

(it's already the 10th here)

WynnieG 02-09-2006 11:53 PM

Yep. Oh, and for folks with Yahoo accounts, you can add the Olympic pull-down menu for your toolbar. Full schedule is available there, as well as medal count (unfortunately, they would not listen to my pleas to include a row counter).

Excited?

Who's excited? I am the picture of calm.