KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Now I understand the Addi Turbo love... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37336)

2girlsmom 02-16-2006 11:45 PM

Now I understand the Addi Turbo love...

I got 2 pair from that Jeff guy off ebay. I am a new knitter, tried the straights in my Boye kit... some Boye Balene needles... I tried SILs Denise set (love that one... hate all the others).

Anyway my Addi Turbos came today and they are wonderful! So light, easy to use (even for a beginner). I am kntting faster than ever! LOL

I am going to order a couple more pair! :thumbsup:

Ingrid 02-16-2006 11:46 PM

:roflhard: You think you're going to order only a couple! They're almost as addicting as knitting itself!

2girlsmom 02-17-2006 01:11 AM

Oh great. I'm in trouble, aren't I. :roflhard:

I asked for the Denise set for my birthday, so there aren't many sizes I'll still need... but I do really love these turbos!

Julie 02-17-2006 02:17 AM

Denises only go down to size 5...so you'll need 2s, 3s, and 4s at the very least.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jan in CA 02-17-2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie
Denises only go down to size 5...so you'll need 2s, 3s, and 4s at the very least.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah and then there are the different cord sizes... ack. :shock: I want to grab some, but have no idea which ones! :shock:

knitqueen 02-17-2006 02:59 AM

Why doesn't Jeff carry any lengths BETWEEN 32" and 60" though??? :thinking: I love Addis for magic loop but the 60" is almost toooooooo long. I have a 40" that I bought from a LYS (for about $18 I might add :shock: ) that is the perfect length for magic loop, as far as I'm concerned.

Ingrid 02-17-2006 08:36 AM

I agree. 40 is excellent for magic loop, and 32 works well for two circs, too. 24 and 29 will work for all but he most humongous sweater, and you need 16 for hats and sweater necks. In sizes 1-15 at least. ;)

sara_jayne 02-17-2006 11:22 AM

I'm fairly new to knitting and admittedly I don't pay attention when I shop! I needed a pair of circulars to work on a baby blanket so I went to my LYS and picked up the first pair that were the right size. After reading all these forums I was curious about the quality of my new needles. Call it dumb luck or a beginners "mistake” but I had actually bought a set of Addi Turbos! I LOVE them. I guess it is sad that I bought them without looking at the price tag - but like Ingrid has said - the needles are an investment....and I have a feeling that I'll be making QUITE an investment!!

2girlsmom 02-17-2006 11:40 AM

Well, I've been having a problem of knitting too tightly, and with the turbos, I'm actually knitting a little too loose! :roflhard: I am amazed at how fast I can knit a row. I'll have to get used to the speed, but I love em! :heart: :XX:

Ellen Edwards 02-17-2006 12:40 PM

GAH!!I want to TRY some so bad, but I PROMISED dh that I would not order/buy anything else until we got our budget in better shape!! We were a little reckless last year, and then when we had a large , very unexpected expense to come up, our account went too low for comfort!~! So he is not buying guitar and banjo related items, or cds, and I said I would not get anything else in the knitting or book categories!! (However, I DID see him perusing the music catalog last night for a good while!! Hmm :?? )

So.....I guess I'll just wonder what they're like for awhile longer!! Jeff will be long outta Addis before I can try some!! :(