KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   International KP orders (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37952)

feministmama 03-03-2006 12:49 PM

International KP orders

Isn't there a thread about this? We were going to have a group of people willing to help out our internaitonal knitters get KP wool. WEll, if not then I'm starting it. OK raise your hand if you're willing to do this (need a hand raising emoticon. Well this is close enough) :waving:

Danielle 03-03-2006 02:41 PM

I might be interested in helping out...let me know the details. :D

hedgehog 03-03-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellow_vw_beetle
I might be interested in helping out...let me know the details. :D

ditto - i'm game and have ample experience in "international mailing"

-hh

Curlykat 03-06-2006 06:50 PM

I'd be interested in this too...but on the receiving end!!! I'm DYING to try some KP goodness!!

tab 03-06-2006 07:32 PM

Curlykat, I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada...

nicolethegeek 03-07-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tab
I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada...

They do:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knitpicks Website
As a service to our Canadian customers, we collect from you only a GST & duty of 10% on the total value of items ordered, excluding any shipping charges. Please Note: You are responsible for any HST or PST over 10%, if applicable.

BUT:
Free shipping is not an option... it's either $6.99 or $8.29. You don't need to worry about Canada Post's $5 handling fee because they truck the packages to the border and ship domestically. The problem {for me} would be that they only accept credit cards. I don't have one, and even if I did, they all charge a service fee for transactions in a different currency. It is easy to see a $40 USD order hit over $60, if not $80 CAD by the time it hits your door. Unless you get a friend in the US to order something for you, and resend it to you as a "gift", it's cost-prohibitive to cross-border mail-order shop. And something else just occurred to me... I heard "somewhere" that WOOL doesn't have duty on it. If all you would be ordering is something like the WOTA, you shouldn't need to pay any duties or GST/HST... if what I heard is true.
As a side note, Herrschnerrs {sp?} now has a Canadian service centre again. This means you can get orders/catalogues in Canadian dollars, etc. If you are interested, I'll go find my link to the site.

AmandaC 03-07-2006 11:46 AM

I would be interested .. on the receiving end too! It would make it a lot easier for me to get the wool that everyone else is using than spending upto 4 hours trying to find a suitable UK alternative.
The KnitPicks collection looks awesome!

Angelia 03-07-2006 12:22 PM

I'm happy to help our overseas friends! :thumbsup: Anyone who needs an order, just PM me and we can work something out.

AmandaC 03-07-2006 02:11 PM

Cool - and for the effort some scrummy Cadbury goodies can be added to the $$$ for the postage ;) cos I am sure the UK cadbury tastes different to the US cadbury's ... well it did when I tried it!

Curlykat 03-07-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tab
Curlykat, I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada...

Oh.... :oops: ...you mean this isn't a venture just to help little ol' me get some (cheaper) KP?!?

nicolethegeek is spot on about how ordering from the States to Canada can be shocking when you get your credit card bill. :shock: