KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best-Friend Jacket?? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40395)

Celine 05-03-2006 10:36 AM

Best-Friend Jacket??

I just got my Sally Melville's :D first two books and I was planning to knit the Einstein coat but I have decided to do the "Best Friend Jacket" first. I was wondering if anyone here has done this jacket or is planning on knitting it? WE could do a KAL!! :happydance:

I am using a medium blue Shetland Chunky yarn and I really like it. I started the sleeve this morning..so far so good! :XX: :XX: :XX:

ladyindica2000 05-03-2006 12:53 PM

What a neat name for a pattern. Can you post a picture?

Celine 05-03-2006 02:35 PM

wish I could

I'm sorry but I can't post a picture. Maybe someone else here who has done the jacket can. :rollseyes:

Jan in CA 05-03-2006 03:03 PM

The only pic I could find was this one. Is this it? Personally I don't care for the asymmetrical look...it would drive me nuts! :lol:

Celine 05-03-2006 04:17 PM

Thats it

Yes, :cheering: thats it but I may make mine all one length. I have mixed feelings :?? about the different lengths to it. I like the style and how it "fits" on most people. I think finding the special buttons will be a challenge but I'm up for one. lol

Celine 05-16-2006 03:05 PM

Moving right along

Well I've been done with the left sleeve for some time and have been working on the left front and back of the jacket. So far so good. I do have other things I'm knitting in between so I won't get bored with all the garter stitching. :XX: :XX:

I found buttons when at another YS and bought them. They will work out fine. Didn't expect to see them there but there they were. :happydance:

I just received the "Big Girl Knits" and the "Classic Knits for Real Women" books in yesterdays mail and WOW are most of them so beautiful!! Especially in the Classic book. The BGK book sure made me laugh out loud a few times by how it is written..very entertaining and it has wonderful measuring information. There is a brown jacket with red trim that I love in there. I'm not sure my abilities are up to the challenge of most of the patterns. I wish I could BUY knitting experience!! :roflhard:

Celine 05-23-2006 11:56 AM

I gave up

Well I frogged this jacket. To be honest I lost interest in it. Its just garter stitch. Looked pretty loose as its suppose to but I'd rather be knitting something prettier. So on to my next project.

I started a pretty lace baby blanket this morning. Its going well. Using a nice soft baby yarn. Then waiting for some yarn to arrive in the mail so I can complete the "Denise bag" for my new Denise needle set.

I'd still like to knit a top for myself but haven't decided on one yet. :D

I'm not sure anyone is even reading this posts.lol But I gave an update anyway. :XX: