KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cozy, anyone? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41076)

earthchick 05-22-2006 02:18 PM

Cozy, anyone?

I know I'm not the only one either working on Cozy or about to start. Anyone want to join me in making it an official KAL? I'm on the verge of buying my yarn and getting started and would love to chat with others and share progress. :happydance:

sara_jayne 05-22-2006 02:25 PM

I'd love to join earthchick but I just finished mine!! :( I hope you enjoy knitting it - it is such a great pattern and the finished product is so pretty!

gardenmommy 05-22-2006 02:28 PM

YESS!!!! I just bought my yarn from Webs too! Just impatiently waiting for it to get here!

Although I'm so darn busy with work/business/kids out of school stuff, I hope I can keep up! My deadline is FIL's GF's birthday, October 1, so actually a few days before that to include shipping.

What are you doing yours in Stacey?

Woo hoo, my first KAL!

Celine 05-22-2006 04:44 PM

Tea cozy?

Can you post a picture of what it is you are going to make? Is it a tea cozy?? :??

sara_jayne 05-22-2006 04:48 PM

This is Cozy - it is a shawl. ;)

earthchick 05-22-2006 09:31 PM

Yay, Kristen, glad you're game. Woohoo!

Sara Jayne, you'll be our emeritus member! Your beautiful Cozy inspired me to finally get my butt in gear!

I feel silly that I didn't post the link to the pattern so that folks would know what I was talking about. :rollseyes: Sara Jayne, thanks for posting it! Celine, are you interested?

Kristen, I'm hoping to make mine for a November trip, though ideally I would finish before then b/c I'd like to make a second shawl for the trip as well. It's nice, though, to have the whole summer to work on it. I really want to knit mine in the Reynolds Mandalay that the designer used, but I'm still deciding. My LYS can order it for me, but only in a bag of 10. I have a 20% coupon for my LYS, so the 10 skeins there would cost me the same as buying 8 online, but I don't really need those extra 2 skeins. :thinking: Still trying to make up my mind. I have an LYS gift card burning a hole in my pocket while I sit here trying to figure out what to get....

gardenmommy 05-22-2006 09:52 PM

I would have loved to do it in the original Reynolds Mandalay, but it was a bit out of my budget, although I did find some for 4.50 a skein on eBay, just not enough in colors I liked. I decided to do it in the Cascade Pima Silk in Natural bought off WEBS "tent sale" for $4.00 a skein, 80% cotton 20% silk. It's going to Florida, so I didn't want anything *too* warm!

earthchick 05-27-2006 11:38 AM

Just checking in to say I finally ordered my yarn, first thing this morning. I'm participating in the Amazing Lace and hope it gets here in time for me to post the first challenge.

Kristen, has your yarn arrived yet?

gardenmommy 05-27-2006 01:39 PM

UPS tracking says it's supposed to get here Tuesday :happydance: (not that I'm watching it or anything.... ;) )

boyforpele13 05-27-2006 03:39 PM

Hi all!

I'm working on Cozy for the Amazing Lace too! :) I started it to get my first challenge in, I think maybe 2 or 3 repeats, but haven't had much time since, so I'm still at the VERY beginning! ;) Mine is in KP Andean Silk in Cinnamon and I really just love it so far.

This is STILL for my sister, decided I didn't like any of the other 100 shawls I had started for her in the last 9 months. ;)