KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   That divine Aran weight lace cropped cardi on Elann.com (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42942)

jo at celticmemory 07-15-2006 06:21 AM

That divine Aran weight lace cropped cardi on Elann.com

I'm new to this forum so hi from Ireland. I fell totally in love with the lace cropped cardi (free pattern on elann.com, link on this site) and just have to make it. Has anyone made it, is it horrendously difficult, does it come out looking as beautiful as in the picture? Tell me all! I'd rather know beforehand than during.

Thanks.

Jo

Ingrid 07-15-2006 08:07 AM

I haven't made that cardi, but it is very pretty. Difficulty would really depend on your experience, I guess.

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum! :waving:

jo at celticmemory 07-15-2006 08:13 AM

Thank you for your nice welcome to KnittingHelp, Ingrid. So what is experience in knitting? I used to think I was pretty top-notch, what with all those Arans and Irish crochet and creative pieces from babyhood on. But then I got on to the Web and realised I only knew a few ways to cast on, I hadn't an idea of how to knit on four needles, I - but honestly, the shock list lengthened by the mouse click!

Now I think I'm an experienced beginner. But I'm still going to go for that lace crop!

Jo :thumbsup:

beckyrhae 07-15-2006 08:34 AM

Wow! That top is beautiful.

I would go for it! DPNs are pretty easy to get the hang of once you've practiced a little.

Welcome to KH!

dustinac 07-15-2006 09:03 AM

I love that top and its been on my to do list for some time... I don't know when I'll get to it with everything else lol... I think you should go for it if you need help there is always someone here to answer questions and welcome to the forum!!!

Ingrid 07-15-2006 09:12 AM

I agree--if you know how to knit the basics, you can pretty much do anything. Help is always available, and what have you got to lose? It's not like you're getting a tattoo. You can always take it out and do something else if you don't enjoy knitting it.

Julie 07-15-2006 09:47 AM

I think this is the one you were talking about, no? It looks like the lace patternis pretty straightforward, and their instructions look great. You can totally do it. :thumbsup:

Nikki 07-15-2006 10:12 AM

Hi Jo and welcome to KH. I can't click on your link, my stupid computer doesn't like links this morning. I knew from the word "cropped" though I hadn't made it. My form doesn't work with cropped anything.
Nikki

rebecca 07-15-2006 01:17 PM

:waving: Hello, JO!!
Happy to see that you came over to check us out ;) I know that you are gonna love it :D
Love. love the cardi...go for it :thumbsup:

jo at celticmemory 07-15-2006 01:44 PM

GOING for that divine Elann cropped lace cardi...

You are all wonderful and I feel I've joined a marvellous summer camp (and autumn and winter and spring camp, what a lot to look forward to!) Went right out and got the yarn today, and some sock yarn too for good measure. I shall praise you all to the skies tonight on my weblog (celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com).

Jo