KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Today is just not my day! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45515)

chan58 09-14-2006 05:23 PM

Today is just not my day!

Okay so I have started this scarf for my son's girlfriend for Christmas and I have botched it 4 times already today!!! :wall: I was trying to do a simple rib K2 P2 and I have bungled it and had to scrap it. I don't think I am ment to make a scarf. I wanted something a little nicer than just a garter stitch (tried stockingnette too and that also failed) but I may have to go with that in the end. I have resorted to a glass of wine and no more knitting foor me today :grrr:

knitqueen 09-14-2006 05:26 PM

Awww, I'm sorry that things aren't going your way in the knitting department :hug: Sometimes a little break is a good thing. Is there anything we can do to help you with your stockinette or ribbing?? Let us know.

fluffypechey 09-14-2006 05:27 PM

Glass of wine sounds like a good idea to me.

I have a problem with rib too! I always say I have a short term memory problem and just cant do it.

Don't worry have another go tomorrow or just do a big fluffy garter stitch all the way one!

Enjoy your wine and heres a hug :hug:

Sharon

chan58 09-14-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitqueen
Awww, I'm sorry that things aren't going your way in the knitting department :hug: Sometimes a little break is a good thing. Is there anything we can do to help you with your stockinette or ribbing?? Let us know.

Thanks knitqueen but no; I just keep dropping stitches and can't pick them back up properly so I have a hole in my work, I think some down time is in order. It seems to have started last night when I had to rip back a sweater i was working on and bungled that, so I thought I would start the scarf but alas it wasn't mean't to be. :pout:

chan58 09-14-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffypechey
Glass of wine sounds like a good idea to me.

I have a problem with rib too! I always say I have a short term memory problem and just cant do it.

Don't worry have another go tomorrow or just do a big fluffy garter stitch all the way one!

Enjoy your wine and heres a hug :hug:

Sharon

Thanks a bunch, will do!!! To the wine bottle I go!! :roflhard:

Talula Fairie 09-14-2006 05:42 PM

I've had days like that (and p.s. I HATE knitting ribbed scarves, I tried to do one in k1p1 rib once --EW!). The other day I COULD NOT knit a thing, seriously, I'd do three rows, drop a stitch, pull them out, re knit them, drop a stitch, pull them out...rinse and repeat. I finally gave up completely on knitting and tried again the next day.

Celine 09-14-2006 07:26 PM

movie

How ever did you get to put that moving picture of Cary Grant on here? I recently saw that movie and I enjoyed watching him knit. Thanks for smile he put on my face. :muah:

Amber 09-14-2006 09:04 PM

:hug:

dustinac 09-14-2006 09:07 PM

I'm sorry your having an off day.. I hate those days seems like it messes everything else up too.. hope tomorrow is a better day :hug:

mulene 09-15-2006 09:46 AM

:hug: