KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I have a tiny confession.... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46469)

brendajos 10-05-2006 11:41 PM

I have a tiny confession....

The other day I had a certificate for some free yarn after I turned in my full SABLE card. I had been coveting the Misti Alpaca chunky my LYS had by the front door every time I went in there so I decided to get a few hanks to make a supah yummy scarf. So tonight I started making it even though i wasn't done with my beautiful Malabrigo scarf. I just wanted to play with it...I know you know!

So I knit with it for a while while i watched TV, surfed, ate dinner, etc. I finally just decided it was time to start heading to bed but i felt the need to pick up the malabrigo to knit a few rows before heading off.

:oops:

I don't love it neeeeeeeeearly as much as the Misti Alpaca now! :wall:

how is that possible?!!?!

:pout:

callmesusan 10-06-2006 12:53 AM

malabrigo

I'm so glad you posted this! I keep hearing about MMMMMMalabrigo and how soofffft it is and I keep wonder just how soft--my skin is very sensitive. I am a HUGE fan of Misti Alpaca and now you have answered my question! Thanks

brendajos 10-06-2006 01:29 AM

don't get me wrong....i still love my malabrigo and will likely forget this horrible revelation tomorrow when i wake up but i would have to say that the misti alpaca was softer (i am using chunky)....i don't think that i would trade the malabrigo for it in the long run though. the malabrigo colors are better and you get more yardage for your money.

i am gonna sleep it off! ;)

Ingrid 10-06-2006 07:56 AM

It's OK not to decide Malabrigo is the best. I find alpaca to be softer--slicker, if you know what I mean. Malabrigo is lovely, but there are other nice yarns out there, too. Don't feel bad, we don't profit from the sale of Malabrigo.

Old Knitter 10-06-2006 08:42 AM

We're just a fickled group.....we all do have favorites.....for a minute!

candicane 10-06-2006 08:48 AM

I love the malabrigo and I am wearing my wrap today (yeah for cold weather!) and it is super cozy and soft. I will buy more. However I love Plymouth Grande Baby Alpaca maybe just a smidge more. Although it is almost twice as expensive. The plymouth is soft, silky and fluffy all at once.

Candice

dustinac 10-06-2006 08:58 AM

:waah: I thought the misti was gonna be a hat :biting: :rofl:

brendajos 10-06-2006 09:48 AM

it probably will be a hat too....but for MEEEEEEEEEEEE...lol

kemp 10-06-2006 09:51 AM

I :heart: :heart: Mmmmmmmmmmmm, but I love Catalina Baby Alpaca Chunky more...pretty hard to beat baby alpaca for softness!

10-06-2006 10:23 AM

Re: I have a tiny confession....

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendajos
I don't love it neeeeeeeeearly as much as the Misti Alpaca now! :wall:

how is that possible?!!?!

It's alright brendajos, I too like the Misti Alpaca much better than the Malibrigo. I saw the malibrigo for the first time last weekend and I don't think its as yummy as the Misti. :heart: I am making the Irish Hiking scarf with it and OMG :shock: it's unbelieveably soft.

I thought there was a slight itch to the malibrigo. There is no itch to the Misti, though!! :cheering: :cheering: