KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creating Yarn: Spinning, Dyeing, etc. (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Nagy? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46790)

sueko 10-13-2006 10:16 PM

Nagy?
 
Hi -- I'm new to this forum. Joined as a knitter but when I saw the spinning section I just had to ask this question. I have a beautiful Nagy wheel which I received as a gift about 15 to 20 years ago. My children (bless them) lost parts while I was, shall we say, inactive (read busy being a mom). I haven't been able to locate any Nagy representative anywhere to replace parts. Does anyone here own a Nagy or know where to find the Nagy company? (New Zealand, I know, but where?)

yarnfreak 10-14-2006 05:16 PM

http://www.petlins.com/ They seem to have some stuff, though I've never heard of them, nor do I really know what they have. I didn't really check it, so sorry if it doesn't help.

sueko 10-15-2006 02:38 PM

Thanks! I have e-mailed them about parts and am awaiting a reply. How did you find them? They didn't come up when I goggled.

Sueko

yarnfreak 10-15-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sueko
Thanks! I have e-mailed them about parts and am awaiting a reply. How did you find them? They didn't come up when I goggled.

Sueko

Weird. I googled Nagy spinning wheel parts.

sueko 10-15-2006 10:32 PM

Maybe I should have googled instead of goggled (tee hee). I only googled Nagy, maybe that's why.

yarnfreak 10-16-2006 12:04 AM

LOL Hopefully they have what you need!

Meury 04-01-2012 01:11 AM

Nagy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sueko (Post 672888)
Hi -- I'm new to this forum. Joined as a knitter but when I saw the spinning section I just had to ask this question. I have a beautiful Nagy wheel which I received as a gift about 15 to 20 years ago. My children (bless them) lost parts while I was, shall we say, inactive (read busy being a mom). I haven't been able to locate any Nagy representative anywhere to replace parts. Does anyone here own a Nagy or know where to find the Nagy company? (New Zealand, I know, but where?)

I have just dismantled a 1981 Nagy upright spinning wheel. I know that it is six years since you posted your request, but if you are like me you will have kept the wheel until you were sure that there were no parts anywhere in the world. I have used a couple of the parts, but what is left may contain what you want. Nagy as a company no longer exists, but the wheels are still very popular. Some people compete to see who can find the oldest one!

weavingthyme 05-10-2012 04:36 AM

Nagy wheel parts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meury (Post 1345974)
I have just dismantled a 1981 Nagy upright spinning wheel. I know that it is six years since you posted your request, but if you are like me you will have kept the wheel until you were sure that there were no parts anywhere in the world. I have used a couple of the parts, but what is left may contain what you want. Nagy as a company no longer exists, but the wheels are still very popular. Some people compete to see who can find the oldest one!

Hi,
I'm looking for the large whorl for my Nagy. Do you have one? What other parts do you have?

Weavingthyme

Meury 05-16-2012 07:58 AM

Nagy Parts
 
Hi,

Yes, I do have a large whorl. Its diameter is the length of a normal ballpoint pen. I have it listed for sale on Trade Me so you can have a look at it there. I have other parts too and they are listed in that auction. Everyone still loves Nagy wheels. They are made of kauri and have great balance.I got a message from the moderater of this page. I'm most impressed.

Cheers

Meury 05-16-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meury (Post 1348613)
Hi,

Yes, I do have a large whorl. Its diameter is the length of a normal ballpoint pen. I have it listed for sale on Trade Me so you can have a look at it there. I have other parts too and they are listed in that auction. Everyone still loves Nagy wheels. They are made of kauri and have great balance.I got a message from the moderater of this page. I'm most impressed.

Cheers

If you can't find the listing, get in touch with me again here. I'll try to remember to check it more regularly. M


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.


copyright knittinghelp.com