KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Opinions: Elizabeth Zimmerman (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46886)

humblestumble 10-15-2006 11:10 PM

Opinions: Elizabeth Zimmerman

I'm once again intrigued by EZ. Just ordered some books as you may have seen in another post of mine.

I was just curious how you guys rate her books. I know there's only 4, plus one collection of writings.

I just got Knitting Without Tears and the Knitter's Almanac. Well, I ordered them. I hope to get them in about a week.

Ingrid 10-16-2006 07:49 AM

EZ's books are a delight to read, even if you never knit anything from them. Beyond her writing style, she has a good common-sense approach to knitting--it's not rocket science, and there's no need to fret over it.

geekgolightly 10-16-2006 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingrid
EZ's books are a delight to read, even if you never knit anything from them. Beyond her writing style, she has a good common-sense approach to knitting--it's not rocket science, and there's no need to fret over it.

When I read Knitting Without Tears, all I could see was your avatar talking to me, Ingrid. She reminds me of you. I've read your posts before reading Zimmerman, and both of you are very good at explaining knitting and sharing the love of it and youre both hilarious.

Ingrid 10-16-2006 03:35 PM

:aww:

psammeadred 10-16-2006 06:56 PM

Elizabeth Zimmermann's books are fun to read and knit from (I'm working on a Pi shawl from Knitter's Almanac). They have an unpretentious, honest feel to them, and reading her books makes me a more adventurous knitter.

Quiltlady 10-16-2006 07:16 PM

I have one of her books

A friend gave me a copy of "Knitting Without Tears" that was someone elses. Its dated many years ago. I had no idea who the author was at the time. I'm skimmed thru it a few times.

cgd 10-16-2006 07:25 PM

I have it, but I feel it's a bit confusing and beyond my skill level since I'm a newbie. I'm not ready to try intricate ski sweaters just yet. She has a good sense of humor, and maybe when I get better, I'll get back to it.

Jaxhil 10-17-2006 04:40 PM

I love her books! I have 3 out of four-actually my mother has them right now! I love reading her books-they have some great tips, but even more I just enjoy her easy going style and approach to knitting. I think I have 'loosened up" (about knitting that is! lol) so to speak since reading her work.

I have Knitting w/o Tears; Knitting Around: and Knitting Workshop. You know what, I may actually have the Almanac too ...

:teehee:

Have fun when they come- I think you'll really enjoy them!

losnana 10-17-2006 05:16 PM

Opinions

Jaxhil said
Quote:

I think I have 'loosened up" (about knitting that is! lol) so to speak since reading her work.
I agree. I love Knitting Without Tears and have combined items from more than one sweater to come up with my own. It is a great resource.

I haven't seen Knitting Around, but intend to locate it.

anne347 10-17-2006 06:58 PM

I have her Knitting Without Tears and the best idea I got from it was to loosen up because it shouldn't hurt to knit! I was a very tight knitter and now I knit much better because I've loosened up and it's a lot more fun :happydance: