Forum Forum (
-   Knitters Knear You (
-   -   If you know what a "fourteener" is... CO knitters (

Joel 10-28-2006 04:27 PM

If you know what a "fourteener" is... CO knitters
Where are you? I'm in Longmont.

Amber 10-28-2006 05:02 PM

Hee, hee. Well, I know what a fourteener is! I used to live in Boulder, and I actually worked at the Longmont Humane Society for a while.

We're living in CA right now, but will be moving to CO in the Spring or Summer -- probably south Denver area. I'm so excited. CO is the most beautiful place I've ever lived!

allegra918 10-30-2006 09:43 PM

I know what one is but I haven't climed any :oops:

I'm in Golden, Coors Mecca...

Joel 10-31-2006 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by allegra918
I know what one is but I haven't climed any :oops:

I'm in Golden, Coors Mecca...

Nor have I... :shrug:

sfavereau 10-31-2006 08:43 PM

I haven't climbed a 14er either! But I live in Colorado Springs at the foot of Pikes Peak. :happydance:

We have the best knit shop ever!!! Knitter's Kove on Union, just south of Constitution, if anybody ever decides to head on down. We have a great knit group and awesome people who work there! I LOVE IT!!!

cara 10-31-2006 11:50 PM

I haven't climbed any fourteeners, but I am an avid rock and ice climber. :)

sittenknitten 11-02-2006 12:36 AM

No climbing going on with me, either, unless it's on a quad. :rofl:

I'm on the western Slope, in Montrose. No dedicated yarn shop here, but there are nice ones in Grand Junction and Ridgway.

rgcisco 11-23-2006 11:42 AM

Hi Everyone

Nice to see some Coloradoans here. A Quick Question. Does anyone know of any Knitting classes offered anywhere. I have looked at Michaels and Hobby Lobby with no luck.

Happy Knitting

Tracy1275 11-26-2006 01:07 AM

knitting classes
Hey there...hope this helps...this is a link to the class schedule at Showers of Flowers yarn shop located on Colfax. I haven't been there but I had taken a knitting class at Colorado Free University and the instructor said this is a good place to find yarn. The class I took was good but it really only taught to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. And there isn't a next skill level you can take. I wish I had come across this info and just taken the class at this shop.

hope that helps you. I just finished my 1st project which was a dishcloth...*L* But I did finish and it works great!

rgcisco 11-27-2006 09:30 AM

Thank you so much. I will check this out. I just finished my first project too. a Scarf. lol. I think I have the basics down. I would like to see if there are any classes that would cover some more "advanced" issues.

Again, Thank you very much, and Good luck with your next project.