KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Milwaukee, Wisconsin (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47656)

hellokitty165 10-30-2006 05:15 PM

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
 
Hi ...

Any milwaukee, Wisconsin knitters here ? Please respond ... :waving: :waving:

nikic 10-30-2006 05:39 PM

Hi!

I am in Milwaukee!

Niki

hellokitty165 10-30-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikic
Hi!

I am in Milwaukee!

Niki

Hi Niki,

I am Jasmine from Oak Creek .... :waving: :waving: ...maybe we can arrange a knitting meet-up....

nikic 10-30-2006 09:27 PM

Sure!

There are some Stitch and Bitches that I know of. Not sure if you'd be interested in that or something else? :shrug:

Loop Yarn Shop (www.loopyarnshop.com) is having one on 11/15. I haven't gone but really wanted to check it out. I think she said they even have wine and snacks! It's from 5-7.

Another idea is Kro-Sha (www.kro-sha.com). I'm not sure when their open knits are, but I think it's every Wednesday.

I don't know of any others that would be close to you though.

Hope to hear from you soon!

hellokitty165 10-30-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikic
Sure!

There are some Stitch and Bitches that I know of. Not sure if you'd be interested in that or something else? :shrug:

Loop Yarn Shop (www.loopyarnshop.com) is having one on 11/15. I haven't gone but really wanted to check it out. I think she said they even have wine and snacks! It's from 5-7.

Another idea is Kro-Sha (www.kro-sha.com). I'm not sure when their open knits are, but I think it's every Wednesday.

I don't know of any others that would be close to you though.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Where are you located ??? i went to the loop yarn shop b4 and never attend their meeting yet... did you knit at home or you have your own knitting gang ???

nikic 10-31-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellokitty165
Where are you located ??? i went to the loop yarn shop b4 and never attend their meeting yet... did you knit at home or you have your own knitting gang ???

I live in Wauwatosa. I don't have a knitting gang. I wish I did! I started with my friend but she developed a tendon problem in her wrist and had to quit. I guess it's pretty bad.

I've never been to the Loop one, but I did go to the Kro-Sha one a while ago.

hellokitty165 10-31-2006 10:38 AM

Hi Nikic,

sorry about your g/friend's wrist... i got carpal tunnel and still knitting...taking it easy though... maybe we can be knitting buddy... we can correspond here and maybe meet next time when we got a chance...what do you think ??? Are you a housewife with kids or do you work full-time ??? i am married and no kids...and i am a full time housewife...let me know what you think ...no pressure though

Jasmine

nikic 10-31-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellokitty165
Hi Nikic,

sorry about your g/friend's wrist... i got carpal tunnel and still knitting...taking it easy though... maybe we can be knitting buddy... we can correspond here and maybe meet next time when we got a chance...what do you think ??? Are you a housewife with kids or do you work full-time ??? i am married and no kids...and i am a full time housewife...let me know what you think ...no pressure though

Jasmine

That sounds like fun!

I work full time (9-5) and don't have kids. I just got married last month.

I'm free on nights and weekends.

hellokitty165 10-31-2006 05:46 PM

Hi Niki,

Congratulations on your wedding :cheering: :balloons: :present: :woot:

which stores did u go to ? i had been to Rhuma, the yarn house in elm grove, loop store , ...

i m currently knitting this with size 10 cotton yarn at row 51

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=26738

are you working on something now ???

nikic 11-01-2006 11:13 AM

Thank you!

That shawl is stunning! :shock: Do you do a lot of lace knitting? Is it for a gift or for yourself? It is so pretty.

I'm working on a few things right now... socks, Clapotis, French Market Bag, Voodoo Wristwarmers, and Branching Out.

As far as stores go, I've been to Loop and Knit Wit in Bayview, Kro-sha, and one in Cedarburg but I can't remember the name.

Do you have a blog? How long have you been knitting?

Niki


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.


copyright knittinghelp.com