KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OT All in one printer (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47733)

Petals 10-31-2006 08:50 PM

OT All in one printer

I've been thinking about replacing my old printer(15yrs) There are so many--a bit confusing. Just wondering if anyone has one that they really like. I really don't know what features to look for?? Any help??

Thanks.

Jan in CA 10-31-2006 09:15 PM

Next one I get will probably be an all in one, too. My dad has an HP and it works great! I've always loved my HP's so I'll probably stick to them, too.

ecb 10-31-2006 10:13 PM

I got the 1200 HP Printer Scanner copier
the Cube like one
HATE it
it keeps working, but the ink cartiges never line up right, and paper jams as soon as the humidity reaches 45%
once it dies (or I chuck it through the window over the Desk)
I will get anouther one, but not sure what one I will get

nuf sed

ecb

brendajos 10-31-2006 10:21 PM

we (and by that i mean Me) got my mother an HP PSC275 for her computer about 4 years ago and it still works great. it is ginormous but she likes it because she mostly understands it and can enlarge her counted cross stitch patterns herself. she still refuses to change the ink (even though i make her do it when she asks me to while i am at home....so yes, she knows how but doesn't think she does.) but other than that it works great for her.

I have a lexmark psc and i love it. It isn't as big as hers and certainly didn't cost as much since i was using my own money. i had problems with it at first because it wouldn't recognize the paper was in the machine. after calling them and speaking to a nice gentleman in India who severely tried my patience, he sent me a new box and i didn't have to send the other back. of course after that phone call i got it working but it was too late to turn the box around and they told me to just keep it. after about a year it finally tried my patience for the last time and i replaced it. haven't had a problem since.

of course now that i have said that it will break tomorrow.

:wall:

figaro 10-31-2006 11:41 PM

We bought a HP 7310 All-in-One (scanner, printer, copier and fax) as my hubby has to fax papers for work. It works fine but I wish it would copy my old pictures a little better and print pictures better. I figure I will buy a picture printer later.

Marie-Louise 11-01-2006 05:11 AM

We have a HP PSC 2110. I love it, the cartridges aren't very expensive for this model and it works well. I always scan my lace instead of making pictures. I scan everything that needs to be shown on the web. My paintings, ATC's, knitting and so on and so on....

RachelG 11-01-2006 06:33 AM

We have a HP 1510 scanner/printer at work. Except for slight trouble aligning the cartridge, etc, it seems to work ok.

lizzitude 11-01-2006 06:55 AM

We have an HP OfficeJet G85xi, and it has been a workhorse. It scans, prints, copies and faxes. I use it to print all my marketing materials and I love the flatbed scanner for scanning in recipes and knitting patterns from books . We've had it for almost 5 years with no trouble (knock on wood!). When it goes, we will definitely buy another all-in-one from HP. And they sell the cartridges at Costco which saves on ink.

misstialouise 11-01-2006 07:42 AM

One thing we always take note of when looking for a new printer....

Cost of cartridges...

:D

Petals 11-01-2006 07:46 AM

Thanks for the info. I have an old HP now and haven't had any trouble with it. But, after I posted I went to Best Buy to do some comparison. I had them do photos and printed material. The Canon MP600 was very fast and had the best photos for that price range. Just scared to take the jump from the HP to Canon! After some research from PC Magazine, the new Canon seems to get high ratings. Now the confusion builds!!