KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Anybody have the Mason-Dixon Knitting book? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47836)

VictoiseC 11-02-2006 05:43 PM

Anybody have the Mason-Dixon Knitting book?

I saw one of the authors at a yarn store a month or so ago. Didn't think I was interested in the book but when I really began to study it I found some really neat things to make, including a sweet nightgown of all things. Now I want to make that nightgown!

Anybody own the book or any pros cons on it?

newamy 11-02-2006 06:14 PM

I have it and I really enjoy the book. I haven't felt up to the night gown challenge, but I have made both dischloths numerous times, the absorba bath mat, the baby kimino, and a few of the bibs. It's fun reading too. You lucky duck to see the authors, they don't seem to come to the west coast.
Visit their site www.masondixonknitting.com. On the R hand side about a 1/4 of the way down you can click on their knit-a-long and see projects people have done from the book. Some people have produced some exquisit things, there are lots of archives in the knit-a-long. No one has posted a night gown though.

I would recommend the book but I know some people don't like it. There isn't much in the way of clothing, more homey things. But homey things always fit.

jodstr2 11-02-2006 07:42 PM

the book is a fun read with great photography. I don't know if and when I'll ever make anything in it, but I love this book anyway. :heart:

KellyK 11-02-2006 09:06 PM

I LOVE that book.... what I love MOST is the stories of the authors. It is written with great humor, and they met just like we all did... on an online forum! Its a nice story. And, I DO like that nightgown. There are some neat patterns and even better IDEAS inside. A friend got me a signed copy of that book as a gift.

Hildegard_von_Knittin 11-02-2006 11:05 PM

I have it and I *LOVE* it. Totally worth buying.

Quiltlady 11-03-2006 03:27 AM

I have it

I also have the book. IT is fun to read. I haven't knit anything yet from it but I'm glad I have the book. The night gown is beautiful. IF I were "tiny" :shrug: I'd knit it for myself.

koolbreeze 11-03-2006 09:55 AM

love the book. i've only made burp cloths and bibs though, but plan to domore. :muah:

nikic 11-03-2006 09:58 AM

I think it's only 19.97 on Amazon.com, which is $10.00 less. I would look at the KAL and see if you like it.

Link

They have some great stuff but I'm not sure if it would go with my stuff.

VictoiseC 11-03-2006 10:23 AM

Oh thanks guys(gals) very much, esp for pointing out their site with the kals! Thanks newamy! I'll check it out right now.
Yes, I have a new yarn store around the corner from me
Knitty City and they have a lot of authors coming through.
She told that whole story how they met on line and then when she was walking up Park Avenue in the rain or snow she saw this incredible knitted coat on a woman in front of her. She asked her if she made it and the woman said yes. She turned out to be somebody 'famous' knitwise or fiber related and so she took a picture of her with her cellphone and put it in the book.

I just realised now I can justify buying this book to the DH by showing him all your raving reviews :teehee: :happydance:

THANKS!