KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Southwestern Ontario?? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48033)

furley 11-06-2006 12:42 PM

Southwestern Ontario??

Anyone near Windsor? I'd love to start a group here!

Krystal 11-06-2006 04:12 PM

Wow, weird coincidence! My first time checking out this part of the forum and sure enough, I am indeed from Windsor!

Hello! :hug:

furley 11-06-2006 05:29 PM

hey!

Very cool! how long have you been knitting? I've been for about 3 years but really got hooked this year. I swear, I have dreams of yarn! my husband thinks I'm nuts. I guess he could be right when I say I want to figure out how to knit and drive! so much wasted time!

Krystal 11-06-2006 06:25 PM

haha, I have been knitting only since September (i think that's when I started) learned everything from Amy's videos and I am beyond hooked. I have dreams of knitting all the time, so many times I wake up half asleep doing the motions of knitting and then I search the bed for my yarn till my boyfriend tells me to go back to sleep.

If we are nuts, I really don't mind.

Emeraldcutie 11-09-2006 12:51 AM

Hi Ladies

Iam located in London, Ontario. :)

I haven't met anyone on here even remotly close to me..:)

Laura

Evelynne 11-20-2006 03:32 PM

Hello!

Laura, I also live in London, Ontario. I learned to knit when I still lived in Vancouver, BC. I go to London Yarns in Hyde park for most of my yarn and I have also taken several classes there. Last week I attended a class on Blocking which was *excellent* and well worth the money!

Krystal and Furley - what are the yarn shops like in Windsor? I will be travelling through there in another month or so. Is there a a store well worth dropping in at?

Thanks!

Evelynne

parelyzed 11-24-2006 01:58 AM

I'm from just outside of Windsor (20 -30min) and I actually JUST started knitting yesterday lol. I can do straight rows, and lots of em lol, but that's about it for now

Krystal 12-31-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evelynne
Hello!

Laura, I also live in London, Ontario. I learned to knit when I still lived in Vancouver, BC. I go to London Yarns in Hyde park for most of my yarn and I have also taken several classes there. Last week I attended a class on Blocking which was *excellent* and well worth the money!

Krystal and Furley - what are the yarn shops like in Windsor? I will be travelling through there in another month or so. Is there a a store well worth dropping in at?

Thanks!

Evelynne

ahh sorry for the late reply... But I found this thread again.... woot.

Anyways, Aside from Walmart and Micheals there are 2 yarn shops on Ottawa street, (both like a block or so away from each other) I haven't been to either one yet, but I haven't had the chance or any cash to do so.

Info recieved from : Wool Works Ontario Yarn Shop List -great list for alllll the cities!

Knit One Purl One
1674 Ottawa Street
Windsor ON
N8Y 1R1
519-973-4606
We have a large selection of designer yarns from Debbie Bliss, Noro, Naturally, Trendsetter, Sirdar, Elsebeth Lavold, and many more.

Prattes Knitting Boutique
1949 Ottawa Street
Windsor, ON N8Y 1R6
+1 (519) 256 4772
Owner: Marianne M. Prattes, B.A.
Don't let the name fool you, Marianne is an expert crocheter and has loads of information on crochet as well as knitting. Large selection of yarns and thread, patterns, books, pamphlets, hooks, needles and supplies. Prattes Knitting Boutique carries everything from exotic fibres to more common brands.[/url]

Emeraldcutie 01-08-2007 09:15 AM

Hi Evelynne

I have been trying to reach you :) by email, I hope the emails aren't going into the spam folder :)

I was wondering if you wanted to see the Yarn harlot Tuesday Night in Kitchener with me :)

Let me know

Laura

dugsladyp 01-12-2007 11:40 AM

Hi All,

Nice to see other Ontario knitters here! I live in Meaford Ontario, which is in between Collingwood and Owen Sound right on the Georgian Bay. I have been knitting for what seems like forever and love it!

We are lucky to have a great knitting store in our town, and a nice new one has opened up in Owen Sound as well. Well not so lucky for my budget!

Nice to meet you all!!

Patricia