Forum Forum (
-   Pattern Central (
-   -   Sock Yarn Mittens (

CateKnits 11-10-2006 06:24 PM

Sock Yarn Mittens
I've tried to knit a pair of mittens three times. Each time, I did something to cause the mitten not to fit. I had three single, unmatched, lonely, half-seamed, pitiful mittens. Sara Jayne gave me some lovely KPPPM yarn that I want to make into mittens. I am determined not to screw them up this time. The problem? I can't seem to find a pattern for fine gauge mittens. Anyone know one? I suppose a generic formula would work, too, but I don't like those so much. Bonus points if you know of one knit in the round. :muah:

szahn27 11-10-2006 07:53 PM

The Not just socks book. I'm making them and love them. Also did the fingerless with the sock yarn. Great book.

brendajos 11-10-2006 09:41 PM

that was going to be my suggestion too. they have 2 books so check them both out...lots of fun patterns in them!

Jan in CA 11-10-2006 10:38 PM

Here's Amazon links to the books. I saw them in my LYS and they look pretty neat!

Not Just Socks
Not Just More Socks

I found these patterns that might work.
Opera Gloves - made with sock yarn
Knitpicks -sock yarn gloves

CateKnits 11-10-2006 10:56 PM

Thanks! :cheering: :muah: I think I've seen that book before. I'll have to look for it at the library or something.

Shandeh 11-11-2006 11:13 PM

Here is a pattern you can buy online, using 3 different gauges of yarn.

This vintage pattern looks like it uses the right gauge yarn:

And here is my pattern for wrist-warmers made from sock yarn. You could keep knitting until they reach the correct length, and then decrease and close the ends in kitchener stitch if you want.