KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   North East Ohio Knitters? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48583)

yarn_yanker 11-15-2006 04:07 PM

North East Ohio Knitters?

Hi there...just wondering if there are any knitters in the North Eastern Ohio area. I'm about 60 minutes East of Cleveland...in a quaint little town, too far away from the yarn store!

dufort 11-25-2006 10:57 AM

I'm near Erie, Pa. Where are you?

bunkielovesocks 12-09-2006 08:37 PM

NE OHIO Kniiters-reply

Yikes, you must be really clobbered over there in the snow belt! I'm over near Oberlin and we thought we had it bad with 5 inches! I have to tell you, sometimes living near yarn shops can be dangerous......I get most of my yarn in Columbus or Mt. Vernon. Sometimes in Oberlin itself. I mainly knit socks and the local stores don't seem to carry much in the way of interesting sock yarn. I know I can order online but I like to squeeze and fondle my yarn-you know.................kathie aka bunkielovesocks :waving:

Cleo 12-10-2006 12:43 AM

Hi Bunkie!!! I live in Columbus but my favorite yarn store is Yarn Market... they sell mostly on line but you can go in and look thru the warehouse and purchase yarn too!!! (in Pickerington about 15 minutes from home)

The yarns are all in bins, bins, and more bins... but if you look up online and write down what you want to see, tis awesome. There are a few yarnstores in town and all very nice, but no one has more types then the Yarn Market... Fun to visit too...

Well good luck knitting wonderful things. :hug:

I am new at knitting so I can not say their prices are the best but selection is nice and their on line catalog is pretty informative...

Carol_OH 12-28-2006 05:32 PM

Re: NE OHIO Kniiters-reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunkielovesocks
Yikes, you must be really clobbered over there in the snow belt! I'm over near Oberlin and we thought we had it bad with 5 inches! I have to tell you, sometimes living near yarn shops can be dangerous......I get most of my yarn in Columbus or Mt. Vernon. Sometimes in Oberlin itself. I mainly knit socks and the local stores don't seem to carry much in the way of interesting sock yarn. I know I can order online but I like to squeeze and fondle my yarn-you know.................kathie aka bunkielovesocks :waving:

me too (actually I live in Oberlin!)
hello!!!

mama5k 12-30-2006 12:35 PM

I'm in northest ohio in Wooster, we have a small yarn-material store in town, but I found a wonderful one in Avon, Ohio. In a historic barn that was moed in. I'm still trying to learn how to purl stitch because I want to learn how to do socks and mittens. At least those are safe for now. I can crochet just about anything. Knitting that's another story. Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :hug: :?? :happydance: xxx

kitkat 12-31-2006 09:49 PM

In Stow, Ohio here - its an Akron suburb :)

DianaM 01-01-2007 02:53 PM

My bf's family lives there ^^

cheley 01-12-2007 12:51 AM

Hey guys, I am 25 miles west of Cleveland... In Elyria, you need yarn, take Rt. 58 North to Amherst...The place is called Catans....Or take Rt 2 (I-90) to Jo-Ann Fabrics ( by Midway Mall) 0r Michaels Crafts also by the Mall...Also there is a really cool place in Vermilion..(a small town on the lake) they specialize in very nice yarns....PM me I'll find out the name for you!!!! :muah:

kitkat 05-16-2007 03:56 PM

Paging all NE Ohio knitters!

Methinks we need to plan a field trip!