KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OT: It's Winter in.... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49359)

Jackie M. 11-30-2006 01:43 PM

OT: It's Winter in....

Texas! We are having an ice storm. Been going for the last 4 hours and it's only 26 degrees. I don't have to go to work today....YEA!
Have a fire going, going to put in a movie and knit. Ahhhhhhh, time for cocoa too.

Jan in CA 11-30-2006 01:48 PM

My brother and his family live in Plano. I was there one year in January and we got a little snow. Enjoy it while it lasts!

psammeadred 11-30-2006 01:51 PM

I'm about 200 miles north of you in Oklahoma City, and it's snowing here!!! They've pretty much shut down the city, and I, being "non-essential personnel," have the day off! (Isn't it nice to be non-essential sometimes?!) So far, I've been reading Harry Potter (finished Half-Blood Prince for the 3rd time), drinking tea and hot chocolate, and watching White Christmas - how about you?

Sara 11-30-2006 01:52 PM

It's 60 degrees here in Western New York. :teehee: But don't worry, we'll be in the 30's by midnight and the snow will start again. :roll: I wish DH would get home from Boston, then we could go get a tree before the weather gets nasty and we bring tons of snow into the house.

Jackie M. 11-30-2006 01:53 PM

I'm really having HP withdrawels and will have to start book 5 again real soon, or at least before the movie comes out in July.

Yes, sometimes it helps being non-essential. That's why my boss said to not come in today, although he didn't use that expression. The library isn't so important I guess.

trollgirl 11-30-2006 01:55 PM

It's -20 here. Celsius. I think that would be -5 to -10 in Fahrenheit? I know -40 Celsius is the same as -40 Fahrenheit. It hasn't gotten that cold yet, unless you count windchill. Wow, I can't believe stuff just shuts down in other places. I have to trudge to work with snow up to my knees.

I will be so, so happy when it goes up to 0 degrees, because that will be a warm day.

Stonington 11-30-2006 01:59 PM

59 balmy degrees here in Portland Maine. Alas that is suppose to change rather quickly. :hug: enjoy your reading time.. I am very envious!

anne
n sebago, me

CarmenIbanez 11-30-2006 02:07 PM

Well it is in the 40s and 50s here today. Which for the desert is scarves and hat cold. :roflhard:

stitchwitch 11-30-2006 02:19 PM

78 here with 68% humidity...oh joy. :pout:

psammeadred 11-30-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollgirl
It's -20 here. Celsius. I think that would be -5 to -10 in Fahrenheit? I know -40 Celsius is the same as -40 Fahrenheit. It hasn't gotten that cold yet, unless you count windchill. Wow, I can't believe stuff just shuts down in other places. I have to trudge to work with snow up to my knees.

I will be so, so happy when it goes up to 0 degrees, because that will be a warm day.

Around here, it's not the cold itself that's the problem. It's the peabrains who think having 4-wheel drive means that they can go flying down an icy highway at 70 mph. I can deal with cold; risking my life by driving near those nit-wits, not so much. [/vent]

A few years ago, we had a really bad ice storm, and one of the accidents involved an empty ambulance that had slid from another accident a block away. Yikes!