KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Upper State SC (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50353)

wandawoman3 12-21-2006 11:13 AM

Upper State SC

Anyone from the Upper part of South Carolina?

losnana 01-16-2007 08:59 PM

I'm not there now, but I went to college in Gaffney. I grew up in Florence, and still have family there and in Charleston. Where in upper SC are you?
I've lived in Virginia since 1971.

wandawoman3 01-17-2007 09:09 AM

I'm in Pickens, SC. I grew up in Greenville, SC.

My sil taught me the knit stitch and I have learned alot from this site. Still not real good purling, need to practice. But would love to get with some people that could coach me a little more.

losnana 01-17-2007 06:36 PM

I found purling a bit more difficult too, but with lots of practice it became much easier. Is there a LYS with a regular group maybe? That's a lot of help too.

wandawoman3 01-18-2007 09:18 AM

There is a knitting guild here in my county, however, I have not been able to make it to any meetings. I am also in our quilt guild here in Pickens and that's how I found out about the knitting guild. Some ladies in the Quilt guild volunteer at the Hagood Mill every 3rd Saturday and that's where I found the knitting guild. So I go there and quilt and then talk to the knitters too. The Hagood Mill is a Grist Mill and it is a wonderful family place. If you are in the area again on the third Saturday of the month, look it up and come join us.

losnana 01-18-2007 09:28 AM

Thanks, I will.

Mienna 01-28-2007 03:31 PM

I'm in Charleston if you're ever down this way, I always love to meet knitters (they're such nice people, ya know). Good luck with your purling!

colleenclue 02-13-2007 04:40 PM

Hello, I live in Greer. I have only lived here a little over a year and don't know how far Pickens is from me. My husband has been unable to find work so I may be leaving the area soon. We are living with some friends so that we can pick up and move if we need to.

Anyway, I do know how to purl even though I am not an expert knitter. If we could get together, I would show you.

Also, I would like to know about the knitting guild.

wandawoman3 02-14-2007 09:32 AM

Hi Collenclue,

Greer is about 45 minutes away from Pickens. You could come to the Hagood Mill and knit all day with the ladies that sit on the porch of a log cabin. They are the knitting guild. I lost the card with the names of the guild but they are very nice and would be glad you came to join them. I will be at the next cabin witht he quilters. The Mill is open every third Saturday. If you look up Hagood Mill on the internet it will give you directions. I might not get to be there this weekend, my son has a ballgame that morning. But if you get to go the ladies will be knitting and spinning yarn. It's a real neat place to bring your children and let them learn how the pioneers lived.

Hope you can come see us in Pickens.

Wanda

Dawn68 06-02-2007 10:39 AM

Hi my names Dawn does anyone know if there is a place in Spartanburg ? Im just learning and need alittle more help. Thanks. Dawn~ :hug: