KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   How do you store/organize your knitting tools? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50574)

KristiMetz 12-26-2006 09:20 PM

How do you store/organize your knitting tools?

I have hanging organizers for my knitting needles... and some plastic carts for my yarn...

But what about the scissors, tape measures, row markers, row counters, tapestry needles, and all of the other tools??

I was wondering how everyone organizes their tools and if anyone has suggestions for me. :)

Joann's has a few things for organizing smaller stuff, as does Herrschner's, but I want to hear how everyone else does this because there are so many little things to keep track of!

Liliyarn 12-26-2006 10:31 PM

my oranization project so far....

plus I have two cheapo make up bags. Small ones. I use these to keep in my project bag of the moment. It holds small scissors and everything I need for the project.

I use the tins that mints and gum come in nowadays...perfect for holding safety pins and stitch markers. I can actually get scissors, tape measure, sticky notes, stich markers, and safety pins in one of mine.

Use whatever works...I use whatever I have on hand.

aineepooh1 12-26-2006 10:45 PM

ditto! I use Altoids cans all the time!!~ Works great holds my stitch markers, point protectors and etc.. works great

janelanespaintbrush 12-26-2006 11:01 PM

When I first started out, I got a cheapo toolbox with lots of little compartments for doodads and a large open area for current projects. But have I been using it? No. Usually everything ends up in a big all-purpose basket and I fish out stuff when I need it.

JudyD 12-27-2006 06:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I posted the outside of the basket in Pattern Central last week, but here is the inside. Everything I use for knitting is in one place. My circular needles are stacked under the box containing all the small items, tapestry needles, markers, needle tips, tape measure, etc.

Judy D

BarbRude 12-27-2006 09:13 AM

WOW Judy D

Where did you find that basket, it is gorgeous and holds everything.

JudyD 12-27-2006 09:42 AM

I made the basket myself because I wanted all my tools in one place.

JudyD

Stonington 12-27-2006 09:51 AM

I love it Judy! :heart: I have a basket as well but not lined and as well organized as yours :notworthy:

anne

Sanibelle 12-27-2006 10:10 AM

Wow Judy - that basket is amazing.

If you decided to make them and sell them I owuld be at the front of the line to buy one.

Lynn

JudyD 12-27-2006 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanibelle
Wow Judy - that basket is amazing.

If you decided to make them and sell them I owuld be at the front of the line to buy one.

Lynn

Thank you, ladies! :notworthy:

I decided to share the pictures of my basket for anyone who cares to make one. I have thought it over very carefully and decided not to produce them myself for several reasons. The first being how expensive a basket it turns out to be and how teeny-tiny any profit would be, if any at all. The second reason is time...I'm still working part-time at medical transcription, am committed to making baby blankets for my church and charity sewing, and want to have time for my own projects and not fall behind on the regular ADLs...i.e., I'd like to complete most of my planned projects before I die!!!

JudyD