KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Any Knitters in New Orleans, Louisiana (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50719)

cherojap 12-29-2006 06:02 PM

Any Knitters in New Orleans, Louisiana

Any one knitting in new orleans area

mamarks3 01-31-2007 12:01 AM

Who Dat!!

Hey I am not in New Orleans. NO is in my town now. I am in Baton Rouge. I just taught myself to knit around Thanksgiving and have been at it ever since. I am working on a dog sweater now. What are you working on?

Angela

Kittyraja 03-25-2007 09:28 PM

There are my LA knitters! I'm a Cajun girl by birth...a little south of New Orleans (think Thibodaux/NSU area), but it's all family to me ;)

Last year I moved up to St. Louis, MO....startling how similair it is to downtown N.O.! I feel right at home up here, but true 'home' will always be the bayou for me ;)

Anyway...nice to hear the knitting community is alive in the area...what are you working on?...Right now I'm in the middle of a GORGEOUS Kenobi jacket/cardi from this month's KnitScene. Paton's classic merino in dark grey mix....frickin yum!

Also got a couple of random side projects, as always....a freestyle tote in a couple of different Spring-colored Peaches & Creams....and other things that will probably never make it to FO status ;)

StefannyJo 05-24-2007 08:23 PM

I am in Houma. I am starting a baby blanket and some washclothes. Where do you get your stuff? Jo Ann's doesn't sell it anymore.

batregre 07-17-2007 02:28 AM

I'm in Luling. I'm a self taught knitter, combination knitting. I'm looking for other women to hang out with, knit, make new friends. Interested, let me know!

StefannyJo 07-17-2007 10:54 AM

I use to live in Paradis about 16 years ago. I would love to get together. I don't know anybody else that knits. I am also self taught.

holamiis 07-23-2007 09:41 PM

Hey! I might be moving to NO soon for a job (keep your fingers crossed for me). I would love to meet people in the city through knitting. I'm an intermediate knitter working on my first actual piece of clothing (a tank top). I hope I get to meet some of you!

holamiis 10-09-2007 06:15 PM

Okay, I'm bumping this because I totally got the job in NO and I don't know a single person in the entire city. So please, New Orleans knitters tell me there is a SnB or if there isn't is there anyone interested in starting one?

I'd really, really, really love to meet some people who I might have at least one thing in common with!

stephanie62 03-27-2008 11:02 PM

Hi! I'm on the Northshore and am a self taught knitter. My daughter and I learned on the internet over 5 years ago. Boy, these web sites have certainly changed!! The videos are way better!

JARMOM 07-08-2008 03:51 PM

Hi there...there is a SnB in Baton Rouge every second Tuesday of the month @ Knits by Nana. It is from 5p.m. to 8p.m. This is a great store.