KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Any Central New Jersey Knitters here? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50843)

Lilsea 12-31-2006 11:21 PM

Any Central New Jersey Knitters here?

I live at the shore in central jersey. I go to our local town library the 2nd wed of the month for a knitting group, which is fantastic...but totally not enough!! I have 6 kids, who all love to watch me knit :) Is there anyone else on here from this area?

Stiney 01-01-2007 02:27 PM

:waving:

I'm in North Jersey (Exit 168 on the Parkway.), but my dad is central. He lives in Flemington.

figaro 01-02-2007 11:40 AM

Not sure if my area is considered north or central NJ but I am in the little town of Asbury. Its about 20 or so minutes from Easton, PA if that helps.

I would love to meet some knitters in the area! :happydance:

Lilsea 01-06-2007 06:48 AM

Oh, Ok. I'm in Pt Pleasant...right on the shore. Asbury is not too terribly far from me :) (exit 98 off the parkway). Dh was working off one of the 160 exits yesterday LOL

figaro 01-06-2007 10:25 PM

Actually I am off I78 past Clinton in Hunterdon County. I wish I was over in that area, but I am farther west, almost to Pennsylvania.

berglar 02-16-2007 12:41 PM

figaro, I'm in Bloomsbury, 4 miles from you.

I just started knitting in December, made my first visit to the LYS in Clinton yesterday, and I'm looking for a knitting group or circle. My familial support people are in South Dakota, which isn't really working for the knitting tutorials.

What do we have locally?

Stiney 02-16-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilsea
Oh, Ok. I'm in Pt Pleasant...right on the shore. Asbury is not too terribly far from me :) (exit 98 off the parkway). Dh was working off one of the 160 exits yesterday LOL

Ooh, he was far up. I'm exit 168, about as far north and east as you can go before you hit New York.

Tonid1980 02-16-2007 02:15 PM

Im in Edison! Exit 130 on the GSP...

isnt it funny how jersians explain where they live by the exit number?

Stiney 02-16-2007 02:45 PM

I find using my Palisades Parkway exit number more useful. I'm 15 minutes from the Garden State and 20-30 minutes from the Turnpike. 2 miles to Palisades exits 3 and 5, though. :teehee:

figaro 02-16-2007 04:01 PM

hi bergler,

It is nice to see I am not the only here in this area :happydance: ! Which LYS did you go to? I have gone to one in Clinton on Center Street but found that the 2 rooms it had was a little small and did not see anything about being able to knit there. I also went to one in Basking Ridge, (I wanted to check out malabrigo finally!) it also seemed on the small side but there were more rooms, the owner was there and let me know about open knitting and all the classes that they offer.

I just went to meetup.com and found that there is a group that meets in Hackettstown (it is the closest one to me, only 10 miles away) and they are meeting next on Feb. 24. I saw that they have also met in Phillipsburg on occasion too.

I moved here in December and have yet to get out of the house for adult conversation and knitting so I am kinda looking forward to it. :cheering: