KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   knitting - CT area (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50865)

mrs.hre 01-01-2007 12:27 PM

knitting - CT area

any knitters in the ct area :sun:

geenah 01-14-2007 01:26 PM

originally from CT, but now I'm living in the Houston area.

mrs.hre 01-14-2007 01:29 PM

knitting in ct

hi
where in ct were you from i am near waterbury. maggie

geenah 01-14-2007 03:44 PM

I lived in Southington, and my husband was from Durham. I heard there hasn't been any snow up there yet.

mrs.hre 01-14-2007 07:39 PM

knitting ct area

we had a little last wed. but nothing to speak of yet. it was in the 70s a few times can you believe it? this weekend has been rainy and raw. we may see :cheering: a little this week, very little. its funny seeing motor cycles on the road in the middle of dec. and jan. how about you how is it out where you are. maggie :cheering:

Kaydee 01-16-2007 02:41 PM

I'm orginally from CT too now living in Boston...but I do go home there about once a month.

mrs.hre 01-16-2007 10:20 PM

knitting in ct

hi
i am in the waterbury area. we have had warm weather here but this week its real cold and m aybe snow this week. i am a beginer knitter but i love it. maggie

zkimom 01-20-2007 01:28 PM

Hi -- Redding here!

Where do you buy your yarn? I know there is (was?) a yarn store in Southbury in Heritage Village but I have never made it there.

I mostly go to A Stitch in Time in Bethel and sometimes to Nancy O's in Ridgefield and even more rarely to Knitting Central in Westport.

I am planning field trips to Stamford and Greenwich and maybe over into Westchester. We really live in a yarn rich state!

I've been to the knitting store in Mystic but the yarn bug hadn't really hit me yet so I don't think I bought much :doh:

Wasn't the snow fun the other day? My kids and I played hooky the next day even though there wasn't much on the ground. They were outside with the dogs until past 8 pm on Thursday night playing in what little snow there was!

Nice to see other Nutmeggers here! :muah:
Susan

mrs.hre 01-20-2007 04:04 PM

knitting in ct

hi
i think there is still a yarn shop in southbury,but i hear they aren't friendly there. there is one in naugatuck that some one had bought opening feb 15th. she is going to be carrying lions brand. i find that the yarn shops are very expensive, so i go to walmart or ac moores, unless there is something i really need then i go to the yarn shops.
i couldnt believe the snow. i loved when we had the warm weather. i could live in that forever. well nice chatting with you. keep in touch. it is nice to have some one in ct that knits maggie

lemur 01-24-2007 10:26 PM

knitting - CT area

Hello all,

I live in Southington, and am a fairly novice knitter. I usually go to Creative Fibers in South Windsor, although I've been to the Wool Connection, Mystic Yarns, the place in Southbury, and several others around the state.

For a nice day trip (drive up for lunch and shopping), hubby and I drive up to Webs in Northampton, MA.

ACMoore is close by too, but their selection is mostly acrylic, or wool-acrylic blends. I do tend to be attracted to more expensive yarns, such as Colinette.

Lisa