Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   Help with abbreviation (

Marcia K 01-01-2007 04:27 PM

Help with abbreviation
I'm knitting socks from an Ann Norling pattern. In working the gusset she says "work in pat across & make bar inc in 1st st". Nowhere does she say what a "bar inc" is, nor can I find it in any other place I've looked.
Marcia K

Ingrid 01-01-2007 04:35 PM

A bar increase is the same as a M1 increase.

Marcia K 01-02-2007 01:26 PM

Thanks for your quick reply! I will do the M1 increase as you suggest.
Marcia K

knitqueen 01-02-2007 03:58 PM

Hmm, according to Amy's increases page, a bar increase is another name for kfb (knit into front and back of stitch) :shrug:

five_six 01-02-2007 11:18 PM

KFB - that's what i've always considered as a bar increase too - as it makes the little bar...

Ingrid 01-02-2007 11:21 PM

:doh: :doh: Ooops! You're right! Sorry!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 AM.