Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   Mitered Double Decrease (

wallflower 01-03-2007 05:43 PM

Mitered Double Decrease
I'm knitting a hat and have hit a roadblock. The pattern for the hat's earflaps calls for a mitered double decrease in the center of the row (which is 17 stitches). I have no clue how to do this type of decrease (or maybe it is just a different name for a specific kind of double decrease?) I have combed through my knitting books and googled "mitered double decrease", but I have had no luck. Help? Please? :wall:

Ingrid 01-03-2007 06:01 PM

I made a mitered square that used a slip2 k1 p2sso as the center decrease.

janelanespaintbrush 01-03-2007 06:09 PM

I vote for Ingrid's suggestion, but you might also be interested in the alternative discussed here. I think any double decrease would probably be okay.

of troy 01-04-2007 04:20 PM

decreases, be they single or double, can be part of the 'style' --one of the persnickity details of knitting.

this sampler (of decreases) has 2 examples of double decreases.

the upper one is Raised Centered decrease
(slip 2 together, (knit wise) k1, Pass the 2 slipped stitches over the knit one)

the lower one is the simpler slip 1, Ktog, pass slipped one over (the stitch that is the result of the knitting 2 tog)

both are neat and attactive.

the upper one is slightly more decorative.

decide which decrease you like, and stick with it!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.