KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Only 29 More Inches To Go (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51082)

Knitting_Guy 01-04-2007 09:40 PM

Only 29 More Inches To Go

My knitting is sooo slow. I know with experience it will get faster, but right now it's going at a snail's pace. I'm more concerned with improving the technique than the speed at this point anyway.

My scarf is coming along though. It's 8" wide and as of now it's 11" long. Lots of flaws and uneven stitches, but that's to be expected.

Only 29 more inches to go LOL

Mulderknitter 01-04-2007 09:52 PM

I would have to say that if you really are a trucker guy knitting and you "only" have 29 inches to go, GOOD JOB! :cheering: please post a pic of the fo if you can!

madametj 01-04-2007 09:52 PM

so its gonna b 40"? is it for urself? in my opinion 40" is pretty short, especially for a guy. i usually like mine to b 60" or longer, then again i like my scarves to b pretty long

five_six 01-04-2007 09:55 PM

mine are usually around 8 foot - not sure what that is in inches... we don't use them :teehee:

makes making a scarf vvvveeerrrryyyy bbbboooorrrriiiinnnngg tho!

Knitting_Guy 01-04-2007 10:03 PM

Whataya mean if I'm really a trucker guy knitting? You have doubts? :pout:

The scarf is for my mother, who is pretty short, so I think 40" will probably be about right. I'll be able to tell for sure once it reaches that length. If it seems too short I'll just keep knitting LOL

But I don't think that I will give her this one as it's not very good work. Perhaps the next one will turn out better.

I'd really hate to post a picture of the work in progress (what does "fo" stand for anyway?), as it really is a pretty terrible example of knitting.

Stiney 01-04-2007 10:06 PM

finished object. :)

40" does seem very short for a woman's scarf. I'd think 4 feet would be the minimum, depending on how she wears it.

Knitting_Guy 01-04-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawthraven
finished object. :)

40" does seem very short for a woman's scarf. I'd think 4 feet would be the minimum, depending on how she wears it.

Ahhhh, ok. Thanks for defining the shorthand LOL

I can always make it longer no problem. The pattern I started from said 40" so that's what I was going by. Longer would probably be better though.

Mulderknitter 01-04-2007 10:17 PM

ha ha, longer, always better. I made my mom a scarf this year for xmas and I thought it was super wide and long... she calls to thank me and says... " I loved the scarf but for my birthday can you do the exact same thing only double wide and twice as long??" jeez, how many times do you people want to wrap THE DARN THING around your neck???? :heart: Only proves that they love what you made and want more.. right? :hug:

Stiney 01-04-2007 10:46 PM

The more times the better. I like it when my coat barely fits over the scarf. :teehee:

Never understood the people who loop the scarf and pulled the ends through. I've done it on occasion, when my scarf was hanging straight and annoying me. But I don't like it as much.

brendajos 01-04-2007 11:17 PM

that's exactly how i wear mine...looped and ends pulled through. most of the time anyway.

i have heard that scarves and shawls and such should be as long as your arms from end to end.... i have never been able to knit for that long but my intentions are always good :teehee: