Booga Bag pattern question
Okay, so I'm threading my i-cord through the holes I poked in the bag using dpns. But I don't understand the directions. They are here:
"Cut your felted i-cord in half. take one end of the first half and with the bag facing you, insert the i-cord into the near hole on the left side. Then thread it through the left hole on the side of the bag facing you (the end will now be outside the bag). "
What is the "near hole"? I would have thought that would be the hole literally nearest to me, as in the front hole. But then after threading it through the "near hole", I am supposed to thread it out through the side of the bag facing me, which also sounds like the front hole. I don't get it. :shrug:
I had to look at the photo when I did mine.
Start from the left center inside the fold closest to you (pointed toward you) and come out towards you through the two layers to the front, then across and back into the first hole on the right, through two laters to the center and tie off. Then turn the bag around and do the same.
I hope that helps.
For any given hole in the bag (there are 8), is there 1 or 2 i-cord pieces going through it?
I'm still a bit confused. Suppose if I lay the bag flat and I'm looking down on it and I number the holes like this: Starting from the bottom hole on the left, that hole is #1, the next is #2 then #3 and the left hole on the top is #4. To the right the top hole is #5 then #6, then #7 and the bottom hole on the right is #8. Which holes do I pull which i-cord through?
For any given hole in the bag there is one piece of i-cord going through it.
1. With the first i-cord piece, pull most of the cord through Hole #3 from the outside to inside of the bag.
2. Pull the i-cord through Hole #4 from the inside to the outside.
3. Leaving most of the i-cord out to serve as a handle, pull the i-cord through Hole #5 from the outside to the inside of the bag.
4. Pull the end of the i-cord through Hole #6 from the inside of the bag to the outside of the bag. This end and the end you started with (through Hole #3) will be tied to the corresponding ends of the second i-cord on the outside of the bag.
5. Flip the bag over and repeat this procedure with the second i-cord, running it in the same way through holes #7, #8, #1, and #2.
6. Tie the ends of the i-cords closest to each other on each of the two sides.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.|