KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   This Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52632)

DonnaS 01-29-2007 11:17 AM

This Forum

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this form. As a long time crocheter, when I picked knitting back up last year I must have gone to 9 or 10 different boards looking for tips, hints, and just some support as this is not a skill I learned from my grandmother, so I was pretty much out there on my own.

Most of the boards I went to were either nearly dead or breathing their last gasp... or if you posted it was hard to get a response or the board itself was hard to negotiate and difficult to find things in. One board I visited I went for a couple of months before realizing all their technique and how to stuff was way down on the bottom of the board.. the top was filled with chatter :wall:

This forum tho, has become my "online knitting home" as far as techniques, how to and just downright FRIENDLY people. Thanks for being there for so much.. I haven't posted alot but I have read ALOT and really enjoy the giggles as well as the serious posts and the feeling of community here. I've ordered Amy's videos as well and they are just superb.. I keep the CD in my laptop all the time for reference lol

Anyway... from a "newb".. thanks for such a great board and such a great group of folks. I look forward to sharing more of my completed projects as they come along and really am excited about getting to know more of you better as fellow yarn addicts :muah:

Jan in CA 01-29-2007 01:19 PM

I think we all feel that way! When the board goes down we act like someone stole our morning coffee. :teehee:

Glad you are having a good time here! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

AnreeAce 01-29-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
When the board goes down we act like someone stole our morning coffee. :teehee:

And our bagels, and our chocolate, and our yarn! :rofl:

Welcome! I never would have learned to knit without this place either!

Cristy 01-29-2007 02:18 PM

Awww...you just echoed the sentiment of the entire forum population!

and for me...when the board goes down it'l like someone stole my toothpaste and tea... :shrug:

DonnaS 01-29-2007 03:21 PM

Well I feel that way as far as knitting.. I have other boards, mainly crochet and arabian horses that are a whole other world. At least the fellow crocheters understand the YARN ADDICTION :teehee: ;)

Knitting_Guy 01-29-2007 03:46 PM

I agree that this forum is the best there is.

Pink Dandelion 01-29-2007 04:08 PM

I have to jump on the bandwagon here and agree whole-heartedly!!

I've been around to other knitting boards and I'd never felt comfortable at them until this one... :hug:

PinkRoses 01-29-2007 04:10 PM

I big puffy heart this board! :muah: It made me leave the other one (not knitting related) and I don't miss it!

ArtLady1981 01-29-2007 06:29 PM

Yup, double for me! Reading and/or participating in a Forum is time-consuming...and it consumes time you could be KNITTING...lest we forget our purpose...so I am very careful how I spend that time away from the needles! I am sure you all feel the same way! I have backed away from two other knitting forums. Not because I was offended by them, or that I didn't get some good info/help...but I have to choose ONE and stick with IT! This is the BEST FORUM!

This Forum has AMY FINLAY written all over it! :heart: Did anyone ever get the opportunity to meet Amy back when her Knitting Help website was kinda brand new? She used to have an 100 THINGS ABOUT ME...she shared 100 things about herself...and IT WAS GREAT! FUNNY! INTERESTING! I just fell in love with her as a Sister Knitter! I am not surprised then that this Forum has followed the same QUALITY path as she has taken in her life!

Kudos to Amy Finlay! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

BinkyKat 01-29-2007 08:26 PM

I "big puffy heart" this site too! I think the fact that Amy is a stickler for not having too many board on the Forum keeps it navigable (sp?) and intimate. No matter what time of day you can post a question and you'll get a quick kind reply, even if you go to bed and wake up to check the next a.m.

When the site goes down, it's like cutting my yarn in the middle of the row!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: