Forum Forum (
-   General Knitting (
-   -   What's the Difference Between... (

auburnchick 02-01-2007 10:49 AM

What's the Difference Between...
Hey y'all!

On yesterday's Knitty Gritty episode, they were doing decreases for a sweater.

The right decrease involved slipping the first stitch involved in the decrease, then knitting the next stitch. Then she pulled the slipped stitch over the stitch that was just knit.

What is the difference between this and the ssk? I'm just wondering since I've been working on my first pair of socks and used the ssk decreases. I have had no other experience with decreases, so that's why I ask.



mwedzi 02-01-2007 10:53 AM

Slip, knit, psso is another left slanting decrease. You can see the difference in appearance on this site

auburnchick 02-01-2007 10:57 AM

Thanks for the link. I remember looking at this before. I guess it's just a preference of the way you want something to look? I can't see much of a difference. Sometime I'll have to practice with it and see which ones I like the best.

Thanks again! :muah:

msoebel 02-01-2007 11:02 AM

Personally, I prefer the slip, knit, psso decrease. It's easier for me to remember (I don't know why) and I like the way it looks.

I think most decreases and increases are a matter of preference, rather than one being better than the other.


suzeeq 02-01-2007 02:27 PM

I use either one, depending on which I remember to do as I'm going along. In my work I can't see a difference in how they look, but other people do in theirs. :shrug: Use either or both.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.