KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What do you knit in the spring/summer? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53429)

aineepooh1 02-10-2007 03:25 AM

What do you knit in the spring/summer?

it's oold here right now~~ but spring will come and then summer~~

What are knitters supposed to be knitting when it's not cold outside??? :??

HeatherFeather 02-10-2007 08:25 AM

I knit at the pool all summer...and I do things that don't puddle in my lap. Hats, socks mostly. :) Bags...

miccisue 02-10-2007 09:21 AM

I'll knit anything, even blankets since I usually have to start on my Christmas presents that far ahead of time to get them all done!!!! :doh:

dustinac 02-10-2007 09:40 AM

I like to knit tank top or sundresses for my little girl..along with socks and dish rags... I really don't change to much I don't guess.. cause I only do baby afghans :rofl: get bored with anything larger... and then I only do them for showers so not that many...

purlwise 02-10-2007 02:47 PM

I actually usually switch to crochet in the summer, you can made lovely lacy crochet tops to where over tank tops, very popular. I understand that you can convert crochet patterns to knit patterns though I have never tried. I usually do my summer things in a very light cotton or cotton acrylic. I made a darling crochet dress for my niece last year. You could look in the crochet magazines and then see if you can covert the patterns!

MaryS 02-10-2007 06:18 PM

Lace is the best thing to knit in summer! Light weight and very airy. :happydance:

Mary

ArtLady1981 02-11-2007 05:41 AM

I like to knit blanket/afghan squares! Good stashbusters!

I throw a boatload of stash yarn into a big, lidded Home Depot crate...toss in 2 or 3 choice afghan SQUARES books...my KP Options...and leave town for the mountains! For a week minimum!

Under the sun, chillin' in the mountain breeze...feet up...let those creative knittin' juices flow!
:sun: :sun: :sun: :cheering: :sun: :sun: :sun: xxx :sun: :sun: :sun:

Oh, and after 3 pm...you can toss an Alaska Amber in the picture, too! :teehee:

MoniDew 02-11-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryS
Lace is the best thing to knit in summer! Light weight and very airy. :happydance:

Mary

ooooh! Good idea!

I've noticed that I don't actually knit much during the summer. I guess I find the wool too hot to knit. I keep going through spring with cotton yarn, but just stop complete once it gets really hot. It must be a "comfort" connection for me.

But lace knitting might keep me motivated.

Thanks for the suggestion!
________
Mark viii

meg9 02-11-2007 05:09 PM

I actually enjoy summer knitting more than winter, I make a BUNCH of summer tops, tanks, short sleeves, etc. And sometimes some purses. I've always preferred cotton, silk and linen knitting to wool though

cheesiesmom 02-11-2007 05:41 PM

Gonna do more socks. But I llike the idea of making afghan squares. Small and portable and sew 'em together in the fall. Great idea Artlady!